• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Paqui 1-Chip Challenge (2019 Edition)

Hello AGAIN!

I had previously posted a link to a fun video my fiancée and I had made showing our experience with the "Paqui 1-Chip Challenge".

I guess the server had crashed and my post disappeared, so I figured I would re-post the shenanigans!

Has anyone else here taken the challenge? What did YOU guys think of the heat level (compared to other hot things you've eaten?)

I'd say for ME, the heat was probably around an 8/10... the chip was MUCH easier to take once you could drink milk/eat ice cream, but the 5 minute wait is a KILLER!

Anyhoo... enjoy our pain! Let us know your thoughts and please share YOUR experiences!

I saw this video the first time you posted it (before the server crashed) and really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing! Your fiancée took it like a CHAMP!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I havent had the *One Chip Challenge* Paqui chip, but their Haunted Ghost Pepper chips are probably my favorite chips on the planet! So damn good! The seasoning on them is fantastic. Just enough heat to where it doesnt really burn too bad until you stop eating them, ya know?

Great video!

Personally I think that one chip challenge is bs. I couldn't believe people would actually pay that much for a single chip, lol. I could easily eat 10 to 15 of those packages. However for the sake of fairness, if your not used to superhots or heat levels above habaneros, then its a good challenge.
No disrespect to the creator of this post, just think the company is ripping people off with that one. I do love their ghost chips though, and habanero which I have not seen in a while.

Ruid said:
Smokin' Ed is the one that took the 1-Chip Challenge. I'm impressed by his ability to sell tortilla chips one at a time.

?Haven't a clue what you mean by this? Other than a collaboration with Doug to develop , Paqui and Chef Smokin' Ed Currie worked together for several months to create the perfect spicy seasoning for the chip. - Paqui's choice to only include one chip per package seems surprising, it has more than enough heat to satisfy your spicy tooth. 

And as a bit of THP's history, before Doug went on to great success he was a member here getting his feet wet as can be seen in these early posts:

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Need reviewers for ghost pepper tortilla chips

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

Paqui Tortilla Chips Haunted Ghost Pepper 

image_zps44276805.jpg

_

Posted 11 October 2013 -
Paqui Tortilla Chips Haunted Ghost Pepper

AaronTT said it perfectly. I would love to try them but I'd rather have a bag the size of the Haunted Ghost Pepper chips.

Considering that you can often buy an SFRB of Reapers from someone on here for $20 or so, then you'd paying not much over a buck for the actual pepper rather than paying $5 for a single chip made with that pepper.

Ruid said:
Considering that you can often buy an SFRB of Reapers from someone on here for $20 or so, then you'd paying not much over a buck for the actual pepper rather than paying $5 for a single chip made with that pepper.
Got it! ​

You're comparing a box of 20 or so home grown fresh superhots in a USPS SFRB to a commercial product produced in individual packiging for a promotional effort in advertising that product.

Ruid said:
AaronTT said it perfectly. I would love to try them but I'd rather have a bag the size of the Haunted Ghost Pepper chips.
Why not buy the 5.5-6.2 oz bags that are available?:

Paqui Website
Hot & Spicy Variety 15-Pack
WHERE TO BUY PAQUI CHIPS

One of many AMAZON Retailers

I haven't personally taken that challenge, some co workers ate those a few years ago and didn't do well. I know they are hot. Some videos are great. Your video was done well and entertaining. I was surprised how well your wife handled the heat.

Hello AGAIN!

I had previously posted a link to a fun video my fiancée and I had made showing our experience with the "Paqui 1-Chip Challenge".

I guess the server had crashed and my post disappeared, so I figured I would re-post the shenanigans!

Has anyone else here taken the challenge? What did YOU guys think of the heat level (compared to other hot things you've eaten?)

I'd say for ME, the heat was probably around an 8/10... the chip was MUCH easier to take once you could drink milk/eat ice cream, but the 5 minute wait is a KILLER!

Anyhoo... enjoy our pain! Let us know your thoughts and please share YOUR experiences!

[media]
I’ve done the challenges past few years. This last years chip was hotter than 2020. I got through the whole process unscathed until a few hours later when the cap cramps kicked in real bad. I have my video posted on TikTok

Back