• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Part 2, in which the Douglah/Butch T cross beats the living crap out of me.

I'm almost starting to feel bad for you, Nigel! That was one crazy and painful ride. You could certainly tell when the endorphins kicked in - your demeanor really mellowed (well, more than it normally is). Awaiting your cure for cap cramps!! Too bad there's no antidote for ring sting  :onfire:
Excellent job as always!

Hahahahaha! "you bastard"!
pepperhog said:
Must say one nasty lookin cross that doughla x TS you said it had a greener taste than the douglah it looked greener inside also,
That's what i was thinking. It was just starting to turn brown but i was trying to get it in the mail before it was fully ripe.
Awesome job by the way!

Nigel, you are awesome always but this was by far my favorite review. Your pain was palpable and I was just so so glad I wasn't eating it.  Thank you for posting and thank you to smileyguy697 for providing the pod.

I wanted to know if there is a direct correlation between the pain and the endorphin rush or do some hot peppers deliver the pain without the reward?

Robisburning said:
Nigel, you are awesome always but this was by far my favorite review. Your pain was palpable and I was just so so glad I wasn't eating it.  Thank you for posting and thank you to smileyguy697 for providing the pod.

I wanted to know if there is a direct correlation between the pain and the endorphin rush or do some hot peppers deliver the pain without the reward?
Thanks very much for the nice words, they are much appreciated.

I think that there are pain receptors AND heat receptors involved. In my limited experience, there is always a balance of heat vs pain in the Superhots. This one had huge amounts of heat AND pain. The Madballz 7 I ate was far more pain than heat, although it was extremely hot. I thought the Reaper had far more heat than pain. I will do some research and try to find out the science behind this.

One thing I have noticed is that the ones that generate more pain give you a much more pronounced high afterwards. After the Madballz 7 I was very mellow and laid back for 30-45 minutes. After this cross it lasted 90-120 minutes and was much more intense. I was very high and spacey indeed. The high was quite similar to low dose fentanyl I had for an operation on my back. I went though an awful lot of heat and pain to get there, though, plus I had some stomach issues for 4 hours or so. No cramps at all, but my stomach was sore. 

GnomeGrown said:
Nigel Lives!

:rofl:

:woohoo:
Hahahahahaha!
Nigel said:
Thanks very much for the nice words, they are much appreciated.

I think that there are pain receptors AND heat receptors involved. In my limited experience, there is always a balance of heat vs pain in the Superhots. This one had huge amounts of heat AND pain. The Madballz 7 I ate was far more pain than heat, although it was extremely hot. I thought the Reaper had far more heat than pain. I will do some research and try to find out the science behind this.

One thing I have noticed is that the ones that generate more pain give you a much more pronounced high afterwards. After the Madballz 7 I was very mellow and laid back for 30-45 minutes. After this cross it lasted 90-120 minutes and was much more intense. I was very high and spacey indeed. The high was quite similar to low dose fentanyl I had for an operation on my back. I went though an awful lot of heat and pain to get there, though, plus I had some stomach issues for 4 hours or so. No cramps at all, but my stomach was sore. 
So if that's the case then could you eat to many peppers and become depressed from using all your endorphins?

Lol... I bet I'd be depressed after a couple of those

"One thing I have noticed is that the ones that generate more pain give you a much more pronounced high afterwards."

Next I will hear they taste better if someone dressed in leather with a whip and pointy high heels feeds them to you while tied up nekkid and blinfolded. :shh:

Gotrox said:
"One thing I have noticed is that the ones that generate more pain give you a much more pronounced high afterwards."

Next I will hear they taste better if someone dressed in leather with a whip and pointy high heels feeds them to you while tied up nekkid and blinfolded. :shh:
You offering???

Mmmmm.
Got-----rox.
Don't look good in heels.

So I've been told. :shh:

Only have 3 seeds, but a positive on my grow list for 2014 after this review.
I have a few test subjects in mind.

Ya gonna try a fully ripe one to see if the bitter is gone? Only thing I don't like about a Butch T.

Back