• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Passow Gets Yet Another Naga Snakebite

Yes, one of my favorite sauce makers is at it again! This time, Mark from The Chile Man.org Database has come out with an even meaner Snake Bite sauce….

Naga Snake Bite Chilli Sauce: Pure Venom Ingredients: Onions, carrots, tomatoes, vinegar, Naga Morich, red chillies, ginger, sugar, Red Bell Peppers, garlic, olive oil, salt, 6.6 millions SHU chilli extract.

It’s been a few months and a few years respectively since my previous reviews (seen here and here) so be sure to read those if you get around to it. You’ll notice that the label has changed slightly for this. He’s switched the green snake eyes for red eyes and the red boarder for a green one. Also note the bottom tag line is no longer slanted. Slight changes, but it really looks nice and you would be able to tell the difference in sauces on the self. The appearance of the sauce has also been changed, it’s a little bit darker than the previous batch…oh ya, and there’s that whole 6.6 million SHU thing too.

I won’t spend too much time on the taste break down of this because the ingredient haven’t changed and save for the extract it tastes exactly like his 10 pod version (see second link above). God, I love the taste of his sauces. Now let’s talk extract…and keep in mind I don’t like bitter.

This, like many other extract sauces (except a very select few), has that trade mark bitterness and metallic taste. You really can’t get around that because “ ’dem’s da bricks, kid”. The bitterness hits somewhere between the carrots and vinegar but definitely isn’t as bad as most extract sauces out there. The bitter is very fleeting and doesn’t make my face all scrunchy.

At first I thought that the heat wasn’t as hot as I thought it was going to be…that is until I cooked with it. I decided to do what I do best and mixed it into tomato sauce and put it on half of my Famous Passow Pizza.

The bitterness really cooks out of it for the most part but still comes in on the background slightly and the heat is definitely intensified. It a creeping heat and it actually made my gums hurt. Yes folks, that is a first for me, and I’ve had a lot of extract sauces. Plus it spreads slowly to all parts of your mouth which is a really cool feeling.

I would give this a 9.7 for the taste like I did last time, but I have to deduct some points for the bitterness. Sorry Mark, but I have to be honest. Other than that, it’s a staggeringly good sauce as usual!

Taste: 9, Heat: 10

I got mine yesterday, I love the 10 pod version and I am glad all the reviews I saw so far have been positive, because I didn't get to try it yet. I am wondering if just one bottle was sold to sbd not on this forum!?

Thanks for the review!

How's the pourability? I loved the chunkiness of the last one, with all the bits of pepper, but it was a pain to get out of the bottle.

Hey IGG this may not be the best place to post this, but when you get a chance PM me your shipping addy I want to send you a sample of a sauce I made. I think it is my best one and I believe I can recreate it. Not that I am thinking of going commercial just want you to try it and tell me what you think. It's an orange habanero sauce with a little Asian/Indian twist. Has some ginger, garlic,, and curry in it among other things. Starts off a little sweet with some honey then slowly builds. I LOVE it.

The first ones here made were extremely tasty but didnt seem that hot to me. Obviously this one has an extract, but i from what i gather it's way hotter than the first ones he made, right?

Sickmont said:
The first ones here made were extremely tasty but didnt seem that hot to me. Obviously this one has an extract, but i from what i gather it's way hotter than the first ones he made, right?

Yes, its' much hotter than the previous ones!

Jay, sent you a pm.

rainbowberry said:
Last week one sold for £43 which I think is around $84 :shocked:

Wow thats a hot price indeed..but the chiliman site is damn useful so worthwhile IF you have the cash :shocked:

Still perfecting my new 7 Pot sauce. These damn things are even hotter than any of the Nagas I've tried! Will submit to IGG for review next summer.

Back