Passow’s Grow Log 3/26/09 – FOREST OF PEPPERS

Well, been a week or two since the last update. So, the pepeprs need to be transplanted and look like a mini forest. Here are the ones that need to be transplanted (prototype bottle of CaJohn's Sauce 10 [aka Jolokia] for size comparison):

chambers6.jpg

Here's some of the bigger guys that I transplanted a few weeks ago (color corrected to match reality so millworkman doesn't complain like last time :lol: ) :

chambers7.jpg

I didn't take a pic of the other seedling tray, but may in a day or two. Here's the grow list again for those that will ask (updated with new non-pepper plants)

Peach Habanero
Wild Brazil
Fatalii
Chocolate Habanero
Datil
Super Datil
bhut Jolokia (seeds harvested from a 10 year old plant from India)
Rocoto
Aji Lemon Drop
Red Savina
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet
Jamaican Scotch Bonnet Burkina
Starfish
Ring of Fire Cayenne
Unknown Red (Firecracker?)
Passow’s Piqurano
Unknown Purple 1
Unknown Purple 2
Big Piquin (F1 Hybrid)
Piquin
Ground Cherry
Wild Dogga (aka Lion's Tail)

The White Bullet bit the farm btw, what a unstable variety, bah!

chilehunter said:
plants are looking good & the bottle is signed to you :cool:

Yep. I'm kicking myself for that, I should have been specific when I handed back the bottle to CaJohn for him to sign. It's actually worth a hell of a lot less money now that it's signed to me :(

I see you made another thread, this time with the correct date :lol:, I didnt catch it until looking as to why the double thread.

chilehunter said:
I see you made another thread, this time with the correct date :lol:, I didnt catch it until looking as to why the double thread.

Ya, I've only had a beer and am sipping on some Bourbon so I really can't blame that mistake on drinking....I'll just blame it on my Mad Cow. :lol:

Yep, those are definitely invading each others' space.

Sorry to hear about the the white bullet. I'm using my 2 reg whites as guinea pigs for some experiments to bring them back from the dead - bone meal etc. I still have a nice bushy over-winter getting ready to bud, so no big loss if they die on me.

Looking very crispy there:). I see you have some bacca's there. Any problems with curling leaves. What lights do you use?

chambers6.jpg

lee said:
Looking very crispy there:). I see you have some bacca's there. Any problems with curling leaves. What lights do you use?

A little bit of leaf curling, but not much (they curl down). I just using standard "natural" light florescent tubes.

imaguitargod said:
Originally I got them from Kato, then I grew a plant, harvested the seeds, then planted them again this year.

Do you know by any chance from which country your seeds originated from?

imaguitargod said:
A little bit of leaf curling, but not much (they curl down). I just using standard "natural" light florescent tubes.

Those bacca's always tend to curl a bit. I try to put my as far as way from the light. Some leaves look like cigars :). I've put two of them on a window sill and leaves don't curl anymore. I always had that with bacca's.

Your plants look great. Should be a fine pepper growing season for you!!!

My white bullet habs also bit the dust. Where did you get your seed for the wb habs?

Plants are looking nice and green IGGy
We've had threads a while back here and elsewhere about white "habs", and it seems most of the white chinenses have germination and other growth issues, although I've had good success after saving my own fresh seeds.

Back