• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Paying homage...

Josh said:
hahah yea and I didn't even eat the whole chili. Just one piece a little larger than a quarter. I can't imagine what quad, neil, jayt, and the others went through when they ate whole pods of the superhots. My hat off to them...

Good luck trying it when you do.

Sure you can imagine the whole thing, it's the same only more of what you felt. And the "discomfort" you felt in your stomach becomes full fledged pain the in the middle of the night. I am eating my package of superhots from AJ as well. I put half of each one in a pot of chili (see me other thread) and am eating the other halves one at a time over the next couple days.

patrick said:
Congrats Josh, that's a very big step you took.

Now I know you can condition your mouth/throat to accept hotter and hotter things but I've never heard anybody talk about conditioning the guts and the er um "exit" area. Is that possible too?

No. Whatever condition your gastrointestinal system is in as far as tolerance to peppers is the way it's going to be. I have IBS so whenever I eat superhots I can be assured that the next morning or later that night I am going to be visiting my office and not in a good way. It's just one of those things. I love the peppers so much that I live with the discomfort and sometimes pain that I get when I overindulge.

Back