• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense peach bhut SS leaf weridness

Plantguy76 said:
I think Capcom & Moruga Welder has it right first its environmental because she was fine before being moved into plant room 2 Frank (Moruga Welder ) had a similar thing happen to one of his peach bhut SS So I took his advice & topped it.
It was in another location in plant room 2 & probably did not get enough light.
She behind her four big brothers but I now know she will take off in time & be bushier than the others .
I looked at the leaves before I topped it they was coming out of it no bugs.

IMG_0558.JPG

This is the plant going strong  .     :onfire:

CAPCOM said:
Looked like it. Seems to be doing great. Mine are smaller but should do better once in the ground.
to damn cold till end of the month !  low 30's next 3 days , then low,low 40's . gotta have 50 at least . i just hauled mine in from the greenhouse , their wanting to blow up ! lots of new growth last 4 days ! 

moruga welder said:
to damn cold till end of the month !  low 30's next 3 days , then low,low 40's . gotta have 50 at least . i just hauled mine in from the greenhouse , their wanting to blow up ! lots of new growth last 4 days ! 
I've been watching the forecast too. SUCKS! I got so much work ahead of me though its not even funny.

Ajdrew might be right, look for Golden Thrives with a magnifying glass in the leaf buds. They like to eat the tender borders of the leaves before the buds open, that'll deform your leaves and make them curl like yours. You'll know you got those if the borders of the leaves come out burnt looking right off the bud, try some some diluted in water Tordon or dish washer drops and apply it with a fine brush and make sure it goes inside the crevices in the buds as that's where the thrives hide and makes it so hard to spot. Also look for other plants neaby that have the borders of the leaves deformed and burnt looking, that's where they're coming from.
Here is my choco hab with its normal leaves and how deformed they started coming out suddenly, turns out those microscopic bastards were pesting a plant 3 feet away. They look like a 12/1 of an inch blond hair.

Back