• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Peach Bhut?

Since the super hot pepper family has become so popular lately there's really no guessing what type of seeds you may run across.

I kinda liked the white pod myself.

Alan

Yeah I like the white pod too but good luck getting it! There is 8 assorted seeds so they don't have to be in there. Maybe a cover up for hybrids? Them are awfully smooth for carrying the bhut name.

well it does say this:

"He has grown the BHUT JOLOKIA PEPPERS for over 3 years and has chocolate, yellow, orange, red and peach. "

Sounds like they're claiming to have those varieties of Bhut.

every one give the BHUT JOLOKIA to any chili so they can sell seeds i would say its nohting more than a bad way of doing business next one will be purple bhut jolokia

It seems like it is sooo easy to have a bag of seeds then say oh these are white 7pod Morouga's or something but when i see pictures of the pods and the person claiming this i get interested only reason why i thought someone here might have some signs of hope!!

Sounds like unstable crosses to me since I just can't see a cross becoming stable so quickly and because its being sold on E-bay. It usually takes many years to stabalize crosses and bhuts have only been known about in these parts for about 3 years now. Also the pics of the yellow and peach bhut look nothing like bhuts in my opinion

Not sure, but in my opinion if its a fatalii cross then its instantly lost a good portion of its fataliiness which is in fact a unique heirloom variety. It would be better to describe it as fatalii * white"hab"(or whatever it was crossed with) but even the white habs are likely not really habaneros at all.
You should all know by now that I try to be as proper as possible when it comes to naming peppers, and there are lots of naming mistakes and/or marketing B.S. out there to keep me busy;) I'm just happy that the fatalii isn't called fatalii hab yet.

Back