• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Peach Hab Clone Grow Pics by ABM

I decided to use a big styro cup instead of a much larger pot because I wasn't sure if this "soil" mix was right yet. I included some time released fert balls to take some of the worry out of it's nutritional requirements.
Check out this packaging. The smallest priority box with just a little blank news paper to keep it still. Coolio!
pic.php
pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

Coming up: More pics on the planting and watering.

the little peppers are so adorable, but i have no idea how that tiny plant is managing with them. looking good tho :)

Nute said:
Transplanting:
For soil you may want to only water around the cube to draw out the roots.
It looks like the sterile bark starting cubes may be better since they are more like soil and have either natural or organic ingredients added for quick root development.
No. The rock-wool rocks for shipping and I'm trying to keep it sterile and non-decaying, so that it won't attract bugs and harbor (as many) diseases.
Nute said:
Today should be the big day!
Let us know if your soil mix is anything we should try to re-create!
I'm pretty close to having a good recipe, but it's not quite ready to recommend. I make changes all the time. Just tell us dammit!
klyth said:
ABM, let us know how shipping and replanting goes. I'd be interested in this if you actually get a product that survives!
It didn't wilt, rot, or even smell.
Nute said:
5.jpg

6.jpg

You may have suggestions for a better shipping method.
Please post your method or changes in ways of shipping that let you express your creativity and expertise and gets our peppers more safely to their destination while being as easy as possible on the shipping supplies :)
Are you kidding... That's the best and cheapest way to do it to save money without using wal-mart or grocery bags and used newspaper.

How cool.
I bet the cutting had so much fun on the trip and is so happy to be there.
The little rocks may be too lil to keep it happy unless you have seen roots in them happy before. It is a holding cell till you till the soil?
One watering should be fine if the roots go into the pebbles that will show it would work.
A cardboard strip or two could replace the zip tie and keep the cube in place. Many shop items have packaging with a window and the cardboard setup to make a cradle or a hole for the bottom half of the product to set it.
An empty box with bent cardboard came to mind so I opted for the bag and zip tie :)

Nute said:
How cool.
I bet the cutting had so much fun on the trip and is so happy to be there.
The little rocks may be too lil to keep it happy unless you have seen roots in them happy before. My current mix has enough breathability and the holes poked in the sides increase airflow. It is a holding cell till you till the soil? No. Till I have to repot for the summer. I may plant some seeds from it out around the house, but it will be the old (many years[older than your kids]) and mobile mother.
One watering should be fine if the roots go into the pebbles that will show it would work. It will work fine. My mix is superior to most.
A cardboard strip or two could replace the zip tie and keep the cube in place. Many shop items have packaging with a window and the cardboard setup to make a cradle or a hole for the bottom half of the product to set it. Wire/zip ties are cheaper. Or you could just tape or wire it to the inside.
An empty box with bent cardboard came to mind so I opted for the bag and zip tie :)
The package was light as a feather. I'm glad it wasn't real windy outside.:fireball:

Yes, cloned peppers can produce pods on amazingly small plants. I cloned maybe 20 or so using a homemade Aeroponics system last year. Worked like a charm.

Chris

Back