• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Peach Jolokia Selected Strain

I planted my seeds on Feb 4 and they have not come up.
I was thinking about waiting till next Monday then if there not up soak my remaining seeds
and sow them again this is my first attempt at growing a super hot form seed
All advice is welcome and much appreciated please & thank you in advance

I used the coffee filter in a deli container on top of the refrigerator.7 days later 100 percent germination rate.Kind of experimenting with this method this season so far I like it.Also have my LARGE ORANGE THAI (one seed)GROWDOWN terminating this way.

if your talking about judy's selected strain peach jolokia , then yes they took a while for mine to germ. heck some 3 weeks a couple a little later but they came up , i was getting andy to but waited them out .     :onfire:

I've tried 3 previous methods and finally found the best way to germinate for me. I tried soil 30% germ. rate, peet pods 35% to 40% and ziplock bags about the same. I use the salad dressing containers with the snap lids and a torn up coffee filter stuffed inside and have had 95%. I got the idea watching Juanito germinating a bunch of seeds. Works like a charm.

I'm growing Judy's SS Peach Bhut and had 98% germ rate in a week, maybe a little over. I just did regular old soil germination, growing so many varieties this year that doing the paper towel/coffee filter method is just too damn much work. I soaked my seeds overnight in half strength chamomile tea and then planted in a 72 cell tray. Put the greenhouse lid on and onto the heat mat. Germination on many seeds was actually too good. I have a lot of culling to do. This is my first year with seed as well, I usually order live plants from CCN.

The only two types that have taken longer for me have been brown moruga and 7 pot brown, took almost 2.5 weeks

mpicante said:
I used the coffee filter in a deli container on top of the refrigerator.7 days later 100 percent germination rate.Kind of experimenting with this method this season so far I like it.Also have my LARGE ORANGE THAI (one seed)GROWDOWN terminating this way.
Still going with one seed?  :D

Scorched said:
I'm growing Judy's SS Peach Bhut and had 98% germ rate in a week, maybe a little over. I just did regular old soil germination, growing so many varieties this year that doing the paper towel/coffee filter method is just too damn much work. I soaked my seeds overnight in half strength chamomile tea and then planted in a 72 cell tray. Put the greenhouse lid on and onto the heat mat. Germination on many seeds was actually too good. I have a lot of culling to do. This is my first year with seed as well, I usually order live plants from CCN.

The only two types that have taken longer for me have been brown moruga and 7 pot brown, took almost 2.5 weeks
Thanks I think I am going to wait till Monday soak the seeds of them I have left and Maybe I will get some ether way

I have had much better germ rates this year then last and I also went withe soil germination. Soaked for 2-3 hours in 0.3% hydrogen peroxide, then chunked into the soil. I put my polypots inside plastic sandwich bags and just fold over the the top to keep things moist. Most pop within a week.

Well my first attempt was a total lost I soaked seeds and have sowed nine seeds that look good.
I used jeffy pro mix with perlite then weted the soil layed the seeds on top and put a light layer of soil over them and then misted them.
These seeds where held over at Hazelwood Missouri longer than they should of been and looked damaged .
I wanted to be positive about it so went ahead and planted them now this lost.
I know it was not Judy's fault its Hazelwood postal service fault.
Our post office gave us the heads up about them oh well whats a guy to do lol
I will be happy if these last nine germinate and I got a good feeling about this second go.

I planted most of my seeds on Feb 4th too.  My first reaper just popped today.  I have been getting 2-3 new plants everyday for the past 3 days.  I feel I just need to be more patient for my other 50 empty pods to pop.  I have 2 types that have nothing as of yet.

Tried and true method of soaking seeds for 24 hours in warm - Hot tea solution.. Then place on a standard seed raising mix and sprinkle a little mix over the top to cover them. Keep warm as able and spray with mist bottle when needed to keep top of soil moist.

I use a electric propagator for my "Valued" varieties and use standard $2 throw away's for my other stock..

Although I found Peach Bhuts to be the hardest of all my plants of raised to date.. Im just starting to get a few nice pods now , months after my other varieties have been fruiting.

I got five seedlings and there doing well.
I will post a pic when there older in other news I got fungus nats but they seem to be leaving my plants alone

Mine are doing well, both are over-winters.
Decent sized pods, about 3.5" long.
I think I originally got the seeds from http://www.wildfirechilli.com.au/

UYMC4N9.jpg

Ripe and tastey, first Bhut Peach of the year gobbled down.... Was sweet and floral, all over mouth burn with good Bhut heat.. Upset my stomach a bit for half an hour lol..

KrakenPeppers said:
Ripe and tastey, first Bhut Peach of the year gobbled down.... Was sweet and floral, all over mouth burn with good Bhut heat.. Upset my stomach a bit for half an hour lol..

I had my 1st one last week. It hurt like HELL ... chopped it up and put it with Butter Chicken.
I can eat my Yellow 7 Pots no problemo but jeez the bhut was nasty ... wasn't expecting it to be that bad!

My peaches took awhile to germinate but now I have a half dozen. The chocos... I think I have one, but now thinking it prolly isn't since the other ones I tried to germinate are not coming up at all after two attempts (same stock)

Back