chinense Peach Reaper - People pounced the poor guy.

Dr.Pepper said:
I haven't been on many of the chili forums and sites for the past few weeks because of something similar. Last year I decided to experiment with a few crosses and one of them worked great. I crossed a Reaper and a Bubblegum and this year I have a Reaper with a bleeding calyx. I posted a few pics here and I posted some on Facebook. It seemed like people were pissed about it. I even received threats of violence and death. I eventually took down all the pics and deleted the FB posts. I just decided, "f**k it." I'll never do that again.

POL
those are sic !!!

D3monic said:
I didn't watch the video because I can't stand this idiot but here

Yea I can not stand that moron at all.....his reviews are garbage. I can say honestly that I wouldn't give 2 shits what someone had to say about something I crossed if they didn't like it to hell with them, who are they and why should their opinion even matter to me? As for the death threats I'd tell them don't sing it, BRING IT. It's really stupid and childish of people to get upset about OTHER people's crosses and what they feel like naming them. We have a REALLY great community in the pepper world and don't need douche bags like that in it.......pepper people are some of the most friendly and giving people I know and I love them all (no homo). 

I normally don't trash people in the "business", but  just think he is a jerk. Over the top, arrogant, and rude. He was on here for a while, but apparently we didn't appreciate his "talents" enough so he took his ball and retired to Facebook and Youtube. I'm sure he has many followers, but I'm not one of them.

ajdrew said:
I probably shouldn't ask, can o worms n all, but is there some reason other than entertainment preference that you and others feel that way?  I think of him as kind of a gonzo reporter; emerged and over the top for the sake of entertainment.

D3monic said:
Yea Nigel is my favorite as well. It's a shame he was driven from this forum.

Quoted for truth.  I miss Nigel and don't do facebook so...  When that all first happened I was furious.  But in the end I feel like Nigel should be tough enough to tell a disagreeable member to go screw and stick around for the legions of us who really appreciate his reviews/work.  I have been growing many peppers these last 2 years because of his reviews, and the whole thing with the Aji Jobito would never have happened if he hadn't publicized it to begin with.  

On FBI, I do not know him nor do I know Angelina Joelee.  My wife says the later is a husband steeling whore.  I like her movies.  Seems like a lot of people do not like the FBI guy, but I have enjoyed some of his videos.  I think they are both entertainers whose personality is not loved by all.  I think the real difference is I wouldn't mind having one of them in my bed.

OldSalty, I want those seeds.  If the peppers are covered in fur, I am sure the plant is cold hearty.  Besides, look at me.  If anyone should be growing the furry reaper, I am da man.  After all, the rest of you probably arent used to fur in your food.  ( ye, that is gonna get twisted )

Hogleg, there was someone in the thread who clearly thought I was bullshitting cause I didnt post photos.  I dunno why someone would make up weird stuff that pops up.  Anyone who grows for any amount of time knows goofy weird things pop up. Most of what we are growing hasn't been around long enough to have the stability of more traditional crops.  I enjoy the weird.  Got one goofy thing I have been working on that is plenty hot, but so bitter it is like eating unsweetened chocolate with gasoline.

SmokenFire said:

Quoted for truth.  I miss Nigel and don't do facebook so...  When that all first happened I was furious.  But in the end I feel like Nigel should be tough enough to tell a disagreeable member to go screw and stick around for the legions of us who really appreciate his reviews/work.  I have been growing many peppers these last 2 years because of his reviews, and the whole thing with the Aji Jobito would never have happened if he hadn't publicized it to begin with.  

I knew he was gone, but I mustve missed what happened with him......was it bad? What happened?

oldsalty said:
Yeah!!!!!!! So
attachicon.gif
3d_face_stick_tongue__a_ha.gif
:rofl:  :rofl:

Dr.Pepper said:
I haven't been on many of the chili forums and sites for the past few weeks because of something similar. Last year I decided to experiment with a few crosses and one of them worked great. I crossed a Reaper and a Bubblegum and this year I have a Reaper with a bleeding calyx. I posted a few pics here and I posted some on Facebook. It seemed like people were pissed about it. I even received threats of violence and death. I eventually took down all the pics and deleted the FB posts. I just decided, "f**k it." I'll never do that again.

POL
brother them are  sweet  !  don't alter what your doing because of some Jack**f !  different if it were racial or something personal . but this is pepper land ! its what its about. let em' be butthurt !   waaaaaaa !     :onfire:

I do not do Facebook, or any 'social media', because i believe it attracts the dregs of society, appeals to the the lowest common denominator, gives license to those who lack the social skills to positively and effectively interact with people in real life, and I believe I am proved correct almost constantly.

This isnt social media?

I believe people alter definitions to meet their beliefs and I'm proven right constantly.

heeheehee

KingChile said:

I knew he was gone, but I mustve missed what happened with him......was it bad? What happened?

Ya wtf happened?

Heckle, of course this is not social media.  If it were, we would have memes like the one D3monic just posted.

Alkhall, I think you mean you don't do the general audience social media thing.  Here at THP (niche social media) we never have crap like Pepper Demons or assholes all stoned on morphine running their mouths.

Niche social media just sounds like a niche definition.

Cats are all independent until you got morphine and theyre rubbing all on your leg.

ajdrew said:
Heckle, of course this is not social media.  If it were, we would have memes like the one D3monic just posted.
Alkhall, I think you mean you don't do the general audience social media thing.  Here at THP (niche social media) we never have crap like Pepper Demons or assholes all stoned on morphine running their mouths.
Lmao Facebook was cool for the first year I used it until I found out what goes thru the heads of people I knew, made me realize why I stopped talking to these douchebags in highschool bunch of e-thugs and trolls and genereraly whiney pricks and my stress level has diminished since abolishing facebook in my home. I like thp as it seems the folks here can differentiate their asses from holes in the ground, and for that I say thanks to all the great folks here making me feel all warm and fuzzy..

Personaly I think it looks like more 'Jays Peach Ghost' cross.. the way those lobes are so seep and seperated..  Stil I can't deny it does have some reaper aspects.. and apparently the heat and sweet is up there.. Good looking pepper though.

Back