• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Branches Keep Breaking Off Help?

You don't need a cloning bucket/mister/hormone specifically for any cutting/clone ... Plants want to survive they will find a way where possible. If those branches were immediately (within an hour say if out of the sun) treated like a normal clone/cutting they would take root very easily . People get too caught up in complexity sometimes .

I'd have branches breaking off every chinense every year if I didn't stake and tie them.  Too much wind and too heavy from pods on the ends after the first few months have passed.  While I'll tie the plant to the stake for the first few (usually 3) forks, after that I instead start lacing twine around the circumference of the plant through the branches and it never contacts the post.

There is a bright side to a broken branch, that where it allows sun to hit a new site on the plant that will encourage it to grow a new branch there, though if it happens late in the season the new branch doesn't have enough time to produce any viable pods.

i was wondering how he broke off branches  but my new growth had a  buncha peppers on it i picked them (not snipped them) and a nice piece of branch came with it  OOPS so i took it cut it fresh put it in some seed starting soil ..nothing ,took a cayenne cutting in garden soil peat moss mushroom mix  lasted a few days then leaves shrivled up took the topping of a habanero planted it in the same pot the mother was in .died  haven't had a successful clone yet
^^and where it broke it already shot a new thick branch out in a few days

what i do is simply put it in a vase with water and after a couple days roots start coming out and then i put it in soil. but now i just use rooting gel works great for me

Back