vendor Pepper Donkey on G+

[SIZE=11pt]Pepper Donkey is a seller I found on the PLC Marketplace. They were doing an “8 varieties for $10” consisting of 8 seeds each, so I decided to give them a shot.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Took four days from Cali to NJ. The seeds (plus two bonus seed varieties) were sent in a plain envelope, wrapped in a thick napkin. A few seeds of some varieties were crushed, but it’s no big deal since all I need is one to germinate. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Their customer service is amazing. I was missing two varieties that I ordered (I highly doubt this happens often) and they gave what I felt to be a very sincere apology and shipped out the missing seeds the next day! No questions asked, no hard time given.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I received the two seed varieties today and was surprised that it came with a bonus one! :shocked:[/SIZE] 

[SIZE=11pt]Thank you, Pepper Donkey! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]This exceptional service, along with your vast seed collection, has given you a returning customer.[/SIZE]
19496303_423622808036994_179939525_o.jpg

[SIZE=11pt]Check them out here.[/SIZE]

JustDucky said:

Used the wet paper towel and ziplock method. One week as passed, 0% germination.  :cry:

I'll keep waiting. 

Sorry to hear that! I've upgraded to small trays of vermiculite. 8qt bags of vermiculite go for only a few dollars, and trays are cheap too. Then you can let them grow a few leaves before transplanting without having to move germinating seeds. Cheaper than peat plugs.

Gorizza said:

Sorry to hear that! I've upgraded to small trays of vermiculite. 8qt bags of vermiculite go for only a few dollars, and trays are cheap too. Then you can let them grow a few leaves before transplanting without having to move germinating seeds. Cheaper than peat plugs.

That's a great idea. Thank you!

Consider adding heat.  I use incubators for stubborn or important seeds now.  But back in the day, just moving things to the top of the fridge or water heater sped things up a great deal.  Heck, considering how often my kids game system is on that might work too.  Anything that produces heat.

Back