• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper I.D

I have a pepper to indentify, I know its not ripe yet but they look pretty different so I thought they may be easily identifiable. 

cq4pd.jpg
10h12qb.jpg

The pepper has a much lighter green color than most normal peppers I grow.  When I have a pepper ripen I will post a followup, thx. 

I have whats obviously a hybrid. That has a very similar colored immature pods, maybe even a touch paler. I know for sure the seeds came out of a chocolate scorpion pod that I saved myself. It had a lot of yellow bhuts growing around it. So I suspect that's its other parentage. As well it has a scorpybhutish shape. Out of about a dozen plants growing from that particular pod, two are that color, my friends dad has the other. He's been informed to call me as soon as he see's color. I believe one of my pods will show color within the week, and I will update as soon as i see color.

Sorry if this was a highjack, but I also find that pale color interesting. When everything else seems normal shades of green.

What is it supposed to be and where/how did you get? Some clues would help!

First pick the skin looks rough, second it looks smooth.. which is it smooth or rough?

Thin skin or thicker?

Chances are you'll never know and you can call it NOT_______ .

My Red 7s and Jonahs look similar to the first photo. My  golden and mustard habs are light green but their pod shape is a bit different..

AaronB said:
What is it supposed to be and where/how did you get? Some clues would help!

First pick the skin looks rough, second it looks smooth.. which is it smooth or rough?

Thin skin or thicker?

Chances are you'll never know and you can call it NOT_______ .

My Red 7s and Jonahs look similar to the first photo. My  golden and mustard habs are light green but their pod shape is a bit different..

I obtained pods from an African Grocery store and harvested seeds from the pods.  The store owner said he gets his peppers from a source in New York, where they originate from I have no idea.  I am growing other peppers I have harvested seeds from and so far I have Trinidad Red Congo and also Yellow Congo, Yellow Scotch Bonnets, and Caribbean Antillais Habanero. 

All of the chili's I bought from market were Habanero heat, nothing hotter.   The owner called them all Scotch Bonnets, he is about as helpful as the clap.  lol

If I get a name fine, if not its ok also.  I quite enjoyed all his selection of chili's in the winter when there wasnt a fresh pod to be had anywhere.  cheers! 

Back