• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Pepper ID, pest ID, pruning question, and leaf issue inside, with pics.

Figured I'd make one post to ask several questions so here goes.....

Can anyone ID this pepper? Still green but the shape should help. I planted it as a chocolate hab but it definitely doesn't look like a hab. All the peppers on this plant look like this, not just one.

Pest ID...any idea what this guy is? Looks shaped like a stink bug but not the size or coloration of any stink bug I've seen. I only see one right now but I've seen one (maybe the same one) on other plants. I want to try to see if it's friend or foe before taking him out.

To prune or not to prune....should I let these off shoots grow or treat them like tomato suckers and pinch them? Probably half my plants have them...all coming off the base of the plant.

What's causing this yellowing of the leaf? Old leaf, nutrient deficiency? It's just one leaf and as you can see, it's a big leaf so I figure it's just an old leaf but I wanted to make sure. This is on my newly replanted hydro-bucket plant.

No idea on pepper id 

Bug looks like a stink bug or a very close relative . I would slash and burn to be safe 

Yellowing of bottom older leaves in common. It's just shedding some big ones and will make smaller more productive leaves. 

I would remove the foliage and branches at the base . Just a ladder for bugs to climb up and so close to soil any pods that form will hit the dirt . 

I agree with romy6 on the stink bug. I was warned about them last year. Could be a BMSB or Brown Marmorated Stink Bug. I've read that they are voracious eaters of fruit. I've killed a couple this year.

I tried to find it again to remove...must have known something was up and took off for now. He'll be back I'm sure.

Back