• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper ID

This pepper, (and many more like it, they rippen red) came on a plant that was shipped to me. Labeled Bhut Jolokia. Are there different strains of red bhut jolokia with different amounts of wrinkle?

IMG_1565.jpg

Doesn't matter what it's growing next to for now.

It is not a Bhut Jolokia. Would you mind sharing where/who you got it from? You happen to purchase them from someone on EBAY?

Looks like an orange habanero plant. I have one of them growing right now. Looks like the same type of habanero. Sorry to disappoint you, but it is for certain not a bhut jolokia.

Doesn't matter what it's growing next to for now.

It is not a Bhut Jolokia. Would you mind sharing where/who you got it from? You happen to purchase them from someone on EBAY?

it was not ebay or amazon. I made a request for chocolate habanaro seeds on a chilihead email list, one person sent seeds and two plants, a chocolate hab, the second was labeled bhut jolokia. Perhaps he made a mistake.

According to wikipedia on Bhut Jolokia, "... for the red fruit variety, there are two different fruit types, the rough, dented fruit and the smooth fruit."

But even for the smooth-skin type, the shape looks too squat.

Back