• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pepper id

i bought some peppers at my local supermarket today and i dont know what they are.... the package of both said jalapeno pepper and i know they arnt jalapenos the green one has only a slight heat and the red has a slight heat in the seeds and placenta but they are both good..... anyone know what these are

009-2.jpg

008-3.jpg

thanks Tyler

I've seen the green ones in the local Wegman's as "long green hot" or something to that effect. I dunno if I agree with the long thin cayennes, because I'm growing a few and they seem to be a darker color green than the ones you see in the store.

There are dozens of possibilities for what the first pic is, but it doesn't look like a normal, pure cayenne due to a more rippled skin, lighter color, more rounded end, and wider diameter, plus you wrote only a slight heat while most chiliheads would still describe a cayenne as a little more than a slight heat. Better would be to get some ripe ones and describe the taste and heat level although a lot of this type taste fairly similar and are interchangeable in use, AND if too green they won't be at their normal heat level yet.

^ but it's not ripe, heat determination has to wait till it is. I mean, this could be an 80' long pepper when ripe, probably not but you have to wait for mature fruit to know.

We get em down here they grow em locally they are a very tasty pepper I'm told they're called Finger Hots though I eat em like pickles. I have several plants growing atm with a couple pods friggin mites knocked em for a loop.
IMG_0216.jpg

We get em down here they grow em locally they are a very tasty pepper I'm told they're called Finger Hots though I eat em like pickles. I have several plants growing atm with a couple pods friggin mites knocked em for a loop.
IMG_0216.jpg
ok this looks more like it thats def what it is yeah its not to hot i was eating some but i managed to save about 200 seeds so i will be growing them next year thanks for alll your help..... TYLER nice looking salsa tooo and a beer

Back