• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Pepper ignorance

what is the worst case of Pepper ignorance that you have seen?

This copypasted from a recipe online. I guess it should be jalapenos.

green chilli (the fat squat variety that isn't too fiery), halved and deseeded

spicefreak said:

Fatalii are weird like that. The heat doesn't really start to build until after you swallow and seems to affect people far more than its hab-like heat rating would suggest.
Makes the absolute best vinegar for use in salad dressings though.
Hmmm can't speak for red fatalii but my yellow fatalii is very up front and instantly stabs your mouth with heat. It fades pretty quick but the 1st 30 seconds are almost brutal when eating a fresh picked one.

Interesting. Perhaps it varies more than expected from colour to colour then. I've only really tried white ones but thought that they would be similar, especially with the description of the reds earlier.

One year I grabbed an SB7J fresh out of the garden and thought it was a scotch bonnet. As I was eating it I commented to my friend how much capsaicin oil it had in it, lol. The heat didn't kick in until I finished the pepper. I honestly didn't mind the intense burn, but I wasn't expecting it, rofl.

I also had a friend use the coffee grinder I had last used to make TS Butch T. powder for our coffee. We had some fiery coffee! We still drank the coffee, but it was quite a surprise.

Well this has already been covered but I'll tell mine anyway. It was late at night around 12 o'clock, and I got the craving for something spicy. I began cutting up some brain strains to put right on some dogs. Usually I'm pretty careful when cutting pods but after a few beers that night I didn't really care. Well not much longer after I ate I scratched my balls not even thinking at all. At first it felt like a bit of icy hot on my nuts and I thought to myself uh oh wtf is going on? It got hotter and hotter and hotter until I realized what a jackass I am. The burn got so bad I jumped in the shower thinking it would help but holy shit was I wrong, it just spread it around. So here I am at about 12:30 at night in the shower trying not to yell at the top of my lungs because it felt like someone took a torch to my junk. It took a solid 30 minutes before it got any better. I will never ,are that mistake again, drunk or not.

Guacamole competition at work.  I used my normal 'super secret' recipe but added one reaper pod, one bhut and one plump red moruga from my garden.  I thought it was tasty, the strong citrus notes made up for my lack of fresh lime juice.  I still made a sign along the lines of "very hot do not eat."  I didn't want to ruin anyone's day.

The competition opens and I take a few extra scoops of mine to snack on while everyone makes their rounds.  That's when I hear a group of gentlemen snickering and mocking my sign.  There was panting, pacing, pointing, a liter of soda and finally after a few tears they agreed that it was a little spicy.  The show made up for never winning the competition.  

Fast forward a year and I hear rumor that someone brought in a reaper.  It was easy to spot the crowd of individuals daring each other to sample larger and larger slivers.  It wasn't a reaper, but some variety of red hab.  "But the ebay ad said reaper..."  So after a few dares I ate the remaining 3/4 pod and went on with my day.  For a moment I was Superman!  I brought in a red moruga the next day (bottom left) but after looking at it, only one guy wanted to try it, so I let him take it home.

A23F5D8E-BA7C-44A5-B1D1-AFC7EA2818DE_zpsym6dq9gt.jpg

Back