Pepper Joe's

I bought Bhut seeds from him that turned out to be Car. Red Habs. Never, ever again.

Sorry to hear. I have isolated a pod from my Bih if you are interested for next season. I have to wait until I harvest it but I would imagine there will be a few seeds to share.

Bought all my 2010 seeds from him and everything grew true except for the scotch bonnet. My neighbor gave me giant jolokia seeds he ordered from pepper joe. All 3 plants are bigger than every jolokia I've grown in the past and most of the pods are too. Slightly less hot than my normal jolokias. I'm far from any kind of expert but it does seem like a "giant" jolokia to me. My neighbor has been growing the tasmanian hab too and it looks true. Pepper joe does make up names though and that's anoying - I'm growing the atomic (aka Brazilian) starfish this year. Good pepper and nice producer but there's no difference between the Atomic and Brazilian other than name.

So overall decent experience with my orders (and i guess my neighbor would say the same) from him but you run the risk of creative naming and crossed seeds when you buy from him.

Got my peter pepper and fluorescent purple from pepper joe last year. Got good results from both peppers..

After I discovered other suppliers, I realize that his seeds are quite expensive and charge a lot on shipping compared to other suppliers.

I think his fluorescent purple is the same with tri-color variegata...

Last year his site is unsecured unlike this year.

as has been said, he is too expensive IMO and there are other more reliable seed sources out there...

You can also try fatalii.net, peppermania and jskaiser's site

i had bad results with fatalii.net

3 variety that was not what the packet said.

For example aji peru that was Bolivan rainbow (I put down 3 seeds and all 3 turned up to be bolivan rainbow) And the CAP 1042 was some short pepper growing upright.
And some Aji cristal seeds that never garminated that can happend every one with a bad batch so cant complain to much about it (but more reported that there aji cristals dident garmintate.

This kind of stuff happens, but when it does the seller show his service and hopefully fix it. I haven't mailed fatalii about it yet so i cant say if the service or not was good.

Just my 5cents ;)

i had bad results with fatalii.net

3 variety that was not what the packet said.

For example aji peru that was Bolivan rainbow (I put down 3 seeds and all 3 turned up to be bolivan rainbow) And the CAP 1042 was some short pepper growing upright.
And some Aji cristal seeds that never garminated that can happend every one with a bad batch so cant complain to much about it (but more reported that there aji cristals dident garmintate.

This kind of stuff happens, but when it does the seller show his service and hopefully fix it. I haven't mailed fatalii about it yet so i cant say if the service or not was good.

Just my 5cents ;)

this is the first time i've heard of this. i know generally they're pretty okay and they're a bit more on the expensive side....

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be pretty pissed if I bought all that from him (wearing his wife beater tank top and all (ha!).....with higher than average prices....and Canadian shipping on top) to have them turn out un-true. I also got my Caribbean Reds, Scotch Bonnets, Jamaican Reds and a few others from him which I'm looking forward to, so I'm hoping I don't run into a situation like yours Chris.

I also think it's interesting that he doesn't show actual pictures of any peppers he grows....they're all sketches. I'm starting to worry about this.

lol @ sketches

I was just curious if anyone has any experiance shopping at pepper joe's?
It looks like its a good place to buy seeds.

:dance:
Hi, this is Pepper Joe
I know this is an old post...but I just saw it show up in Google, and I am compelled to respond.
My 2011 Catalog is ALL pictures and NO drawings. That is old and erroneous information.
You can check it out at http://www.pepperjoe.com
We do not make up new names for common peppers. The confusion for that comes in with some Peppers like my original "Jamaican Pepper' which I bought from a Jamaican Lady street vendor over 30 years ago...and we've engineered it and kept the best specimens for 3 decades creating a superior Habanero in my opinion. We do have some Chile varieties that you won't find anywhere else.
We've been in business for 23 years and have Tens of Thousands of satisfied customers.
Also, my Newsletter 'Chile News and Views' has over 12,000 subscribers.
My Facebook Page (called Penny's Tomatoes and Pepper Joe's) has over 9,000 Fans and Friends...and has explosive growth weekly.
Check out all of the positive comments yourself at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pennys-Tomatoes-and-Pepper-Joes/204328085055
The numbers and facts don't lie.
I absolutely guarantee any customer that they will be 100% satisfied, or I'll give a full refund. I'll bet we don't give out 10 refunds a year.
Unlike large Seed companies we don't 'take your money and run'. We stay with you every step of the way. That's why we put so much work into our Newsletter, Facebook and answer every email 100%. My website is loaded with useful Gardening tips in the FAQ format and Gardening tips format. That's in addition to dozens of published articles on my website that appeared in National media like the Philadelphia Times, Baltimore Sun, Miami Herald, etc. We've been featured on Martha Stewart Today and ABC News with Steve Levy in Philadelphia.
Sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, maybe I am a little, but I take any discrediting issues with my company personally.
Bottom line is check us out for yourself at http://www.pepperjoe.com
I promise you you won't be disappointed.
BTW, The Hot Pepper is a fabulous Website with a lot of VERY knowledgeable Chileheads. We have many friends here. They grow and know Hot Peppers at a very high level. Some more than me. But there are a few comments that have been made that are not true and is a very old perception of Pepper Joe's. Also, some of these comments were made by individuals that own their own seed companies or Chile related companies...mostly very unsuccessful operations. I've chosen not to attack them back...I'll let our track record speak for us.
Anyway, on a positive note 2011 has been a fantastic year here...and some new products like "Fire in a Box", Giant Jalapeno, Cayenne Blend, and our expanded Sweet Pepper Collection are flying off of the shelves.
Thanks for listening,
Fiery Regards,
Pepper Joe :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:

Turkish cayenne doas not exist eather. actually Aci Sivri the detail the guy gives and both being from turkey its a exact match. i think taz hab though is true. a chinense variety named after the aperance fruits are actually shape like tazmania
Hey well pepper might not be it but Aci Sivri --I`ve got seeds from my wife and inlaws spending 3 weeks in istanbul last yr.Damn nice plant and good heat and decent put out.

I have had decent luck with pepper joes. the germination rate isn't quite what I would like (around 50%) compared to some others but what has grown has been true. I also started using pepperlover.com this year with great success and GREAT customer service. My best germination thus far came from trade wind fruits. As for true plants, I don't know yet. All 3 are respectable. As with anything, I take "opinions" with a grain of salt for many reasons. Only way to know is to try them all for yourself and form your own opinions. Just my 2 cents...

i bought seeds from chilliseedbank.com..germination rates were pretty poor. also bought seed from fatalii.net.the seed packs were a bit stingey only containing 5 seeds each but the germination was 100% on every seed.also bought seed from seedrack.com or whatcom seed company and germ rates were also 100 % and i found them to have the best price for the amount of seed you get per pack,i have not got any pods from the plants yet,still too young so dont really know how true they grow as ive read some concerning posts about this supplier somewhere on the net also i have got a whole lot of seeds wich i have not try out yet from suppliers such as thehippyseedcompany.com,pepperlover.com and semillas.com . if anyone has bought seeds from these websites before i would like to hear about your thoughts and experiences.

peace :cool:

When in doubt stay with the pep!Why pay for crap - when you can find someone who will help by asking!

Back