• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Pepper Pest?

I noticed some funny things on one of my larger goat peppers.  I stared and stared to see if I could see anything move at all, but nothing moved that I could see.  Any ideas?

IMG_20140414_015905_173_zpskm3s691p.jpg

IMG_20140414_020034_713_zpsspvi9oqt.jpg

IMG_20140414_020120_412_zpslxobpv4z.jpg

Yeah.  I can't really see anything, and the plant seems healthy enough, but I don't want it spreading to my other plants if it is an issue.

Bhut_Trolokia said:
Maybe isolate it for now and then look what happens.

This might be my only option.

floricole said:
cochineal ??

I don't think those are possible up here in the frozen north.  Plus the bugs are big enough I would be able to see them.

Teurf said:
Isn't this oedema??

Teurf

Possible, but I am very careful with my watering.  I only water them when they start to droop and are bone dry.

If it's edema then when you run your finger across it, it shouldn't come loose.  If it does, then it's definitely something else.  Perhaps aphid exoskeletons?  They shed their old ones when they grow.  You noticed any aphids around?

Haven't seen any aphids.  Have had peppers inside all winter without any sign so I doubt they could have found their way in.  But I will double check.

Back