• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Pepper Pete's Mean & Green

A new find at Kato's a very interesting tasting green sauce made with roasted jalapenos, vinegar,garlic, & natural spices make this above & beyond your normal green jalapeno sauce. I not only thought so it won 2nd place in the 2006 amateur scovies quite an endorsement now they have gone from amateur to having it professionally packed with this product and another that I'll review later. Their website is www .thepeppersource.com
A great flavor that has that wonderful jalapeno aroma.
For flavor I give it a 8 of 10 that captures all the great flavors like the charred taste of those fire roasted jalapeno's the hint of garlic and the combination of spices plus that fresh flavor you get with most green sauces. In short it has it all.
For heat I give it a 4 of 10, spicy a low score, for heat but I think it's worth a try. Works very well on Mexican food and rice.
Overall a very good sauce.

Mick
Kato's

This Sauce Is Hot!

:hell: I used this sauce on my fajitas the other night for the first time and I want to say it is the best stuff I've tasted in a long while. It does not have that vinegar taste like alot of sauces does. You can taste the roasted peppers and lots of garlic. YUMMMMMM! Heat wise, I give it a definate 7 to 8.

We were informed that Pepper Pete's Mean & Green was a 2007 Golden Chile Winner given out at this years ZestFest.

Mick
Kato's

Back