• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper Plant ID

This is one of my plants I originally thought might be a Scotch Bonnet, mostly due to my lack of knowledge. By this point I'm pretty sure its not by the looks of the pods. There are two things I know for sure about this pepper. 1. Its definatly yellow colored pods. 2. Its extremely hot, alot hotter than a orange hab and definatly better flavor. After doing some searches of pictures on the internet my best guess is that maybe its a yellow 7 pot. Anyway please feel free to share your opinions.

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1298.jpg

For scale purposes the plant is about 3 Ft. tall and planted in a 7 gallon pot.

the foliage looks like my 7pods foliage, looks like pods have a little wrinkles/pimples on it,you say they ripen to yellow, yellow 7pod sounds about right then.
btw i like the crank system fo rlowering and raising your lights good idea!

Thanks, I was thinking the same reguarding the wrinkles / pimples, also thought the creamy green color is different than the typical bright green habs and scotch bonnets when they are unripe. The light crank system is a nice simple concept and works very well.

BTW Nate, how long do you think they will take to get ripe? The largest pods were formed more or less 2 weeks ago.

Thanks!

MrArboc said:
+1 on what POTAWIE said. Getting a yellow 7pod by mistake doesn't seem very likely.

The seeds I took out of pods that I got from a local farmer. The identification of the type of pepper was never known and pretty much still isnt by him or myself. I guess it may be easier to figure out once it gets ripe.

Considering your seed source, it could be anything, including a hybrid of some sort. Hybrids are fun. If you like it, be sure to clone it as an insurance policy.

Interesting looking and the light green looks neat, but there are quite a few wrinkled and pimpled pods that fall in the c chinese category.

Back