• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Pepper powder question

What does it weigh?
1 oz of powder is equal to roughly 1 lb of peppers. so figure what the going rate for 1lb of super hots is,
multiply by jar content of oz and add whatever labor you feel is worthy.

CAPCOM said:
What does it weigh?
1 oz of powder is equal to roughly 1 lb of peppers. so figure what the going rate for 1lb of super hots is,
multiply by jar content of oz and add whatever labor you feel is worthy.
No clue what it weighs. It’s full though

wrinklenuts said:
Food. Lol............
g2N1aXo.gif

The value is whatever the buyer is willing to give you. If it is just excess and you don't have any plans for it then it is a lot easier to let it go then if you are planning on using it. Thats a lotta dust my friend.

DWB said:
Yup. A wide mouth quart holds a pound of fine powder.
Definitely read that as a "a mouth full of powder" the first time...

Depending on the person, if its just some guy that likes the taste, and you want to be nice about it, $20-30 is probably what he thinks is a reasonable price. imo

Grinding super hots isn't my favorite pastime. I would let him know how much work you have into it, and how much the peppers sell for fresh and powdered.

My experience is that if someone from work wants to buy something that you did not overtly advertise to sell, then they are genuinely interested and will be more than fair on what they pay. If you just want to get rid of it, let him know of a general market estimate and they will pay that.

Back