• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper prices

Jdee

Extreme Member
Just got back from the market. Picked up these peppers.
the price seems cheap? What are ghost peppers going for in your area?
Just had some little slivers on my lunch, nice and hot wow...
Jdee 
yummy1.jpg
yummy2.jpg

knucks said:
Wow I wish my local stores carried them, hard to find even fresh habs here
Sadly that's just how missouri is in general. There's a few growers here who'd probably happily ship to you for reasonable prices (theghostpepperstore comes to mind), but finding grocery stores that carry them in store is next to impossible.

That is definitely cheap. Even here (in season) people will be selling most superhots for +/- $20.00 for a SFRB which is probably only 1/2 pound or so.

SomeLikeItHot said:
Sadly that's just how missouri is in general. There's a few growers here who'd probably happily ship to you for reasonable prices (theghostpepperstore comes to mind), but finding grocery stores that carry them in store is next to impossible.

yeah, theghostpepperstore is awesome for sure. even at the farmers market around here its hard to find anything, one family does sell some asian style peppers.

SomeLikeItHot said:

Ah shucks... you guys are too kind. I do try to take care of my Illinois/Missouri peeps as much as possible though. Prices should be under $20 for a SFRB, but definitely more than $5/lb, that's unbelievable!

They had them last year also, but only for a few weeks. Its a local guy I think that grows for fun.
They did say they had one guy that comes in and buys them all for hot sauce  ..
So I went back for 5 more packs. he can have the rest :dance:
That will be more than enough to keep me till mine pop...
Just seems like a lot of work for no pay for the fellow. Nice peppers.
I appreciate his hard work and they will go to good use.
Hot sauce for friends and such.
Jdee

PS: The store is in Winter Haven Fla.   Greens Market
Its a Little family type place.

Could they be from over production that was not sold off at higher prices. Too long to explain here but have you every heard how cheap food diverters get products & resell them? Amazing how cheap normal things we normally pay higher prices for are sold and re-sold before they reach supermarkets ...

WalkGood said:
Could they be from over production that was not sold off at higher prices. Too long to explain here but have you every heard how cheap food diverters get products & resell them? Amazing how cheap normal things we normally pay higher prices for are sold and re-sold before they reach supermarkets ...
True, whatever the final price is, the SM buys it @ half the price you pay

Went back for more.
I guess at these prices I'm going to get busy making some different sauces, maybe try to do some powder also,
Fun stuff :dance: 
I think they just want to sell more Cheese and Milk  ;)  Its working...
gpepperz.jpg

thats a great price !
once  in awhile when back home MN I'd find a grocery store that would sell some fresh bhuts...but half the pods and 2-3x in price.

I made some powder today with the coffee grinder.. worked great.
I feel like I have sunburn on my face and arms  :fireball:
Started a mash/ ferment also.. seems  to be making bubbles :party:
Its just Ghost peppers and I only added one Carrot to each jar for some sugar. 
2oz of kefir whey each..  hope its works..
I'm eyeing the other 10 packs they have haha....
Jdee
fer.jpg

Back