contest Pepper Ridge Farm vs. JoeyK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok first let me say PRF, Holy Crap! That looks awesome. Second, so sorry for your loss, that is a shame. Joey looking really good so far. +1 for making your own crust.

PRF - sorry to hear about your loss... Thank god everyone is OK. Your TD entry, what more can I say other than HOLY CRAP! :eek:

JK - looking great!!!

Thank goodness for that out of world delicious pie before I had to witness my boat burning. I don't know what happened to JoeyK if he ever put his pie in the oven or let them sit chill but here is what my boat looks like completely cooked. It is like I lost a family member, that boat ment so much to so many sportsman, I sure hope your entry looks better than than these very sad pics. Not a part of the throwdown but that is a fire and a jalapeno pie I will never forget. :fire: The sliced homegrown tomatoes was the ingredient that suprised my tastebuds and the heat was perfect and even enjoyed by my wife. Be very appreciative of everything you have because it can all be taken away from you in an instant.
IMG_5132.jpg

IMG_5131.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

Sorry to see that PRF. You'll be back bigger and better.

The pie looked amazing.

That is awful Cappy. Boats can be like part of the family.Lotta memories get made! and ya still have those.

Your entry looks great! Cmon Joey cook that thing up!

Kevin

3 Levels of Pain Pie

Tobasco Chilli - blended
Habanero Chilli 1 Sliced a few blended
Naga Powder - generous pinch

Olive oil
1kg of beef
1 Red onion chopped
1 Spanish chorizo sliced
60ml Sherry vinegar
1 Tble Brown sugar
1 cup of beef stock
400g of butter beans
puff pastry
eggs for egg wash

Method

Brown beef in a large pan
but beef in a warm glass dish to rest
Put Chorizo and onion in left over juices from fry pan and cook till onion softens.
return beef and add tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, stock, all chilli's and bring to a boil
reduce to a good simmer
cover and simmer for 30mins
Uncover and cook for a further 30 mins
add beans and leave to cool
roll out pastry
cut in perfect sizes to match your pie containers leaving enough to make a fancy crunchy yummy edge.
grease pie dishes and line with pastry
fill pastry lined pie dishes with your 3 levels of pain filling
Slice a wee bit more hab on top cause your fancy and want a little more lip burn on the way in.
whack the lid on and make a creative chilli leaf on top
Brush with eggwash
bang em in at 200deg Celsius or 400F if your from the northern hemisphere or old.
20 Mins or Golden brown

Dribble a little then enjoy

Makes 4
8.jpg

9.jpg

Awesome entries, both of ya!

PRF - So sorry about the boat; I know that hurts a lot.

Joey - looks like April's been teaching you a thing or two! ;)

JK tha't pie crust looks perfect, and the innards look good, I'll have to read your ingredients to see if my mouth waters...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back