• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepper Ripening Length

So my reapers are finally starting to ripen! 24 days from first noticing the start of fruit to the first sign of color change.  

Other than a occasional jalapeno and Anaheim i dont pick anything until its ripe. Pods i save for seeds stay on the plant a little bit longer. Ive tried several chinenses and baccatums green. They all pretty much sucked. I sampled a green bolsa de dulce the other day just to see if it had any heat....Nope but at least it didnt taste like ass................Oops grass. :D

At the end of the season i get plenty of greeners to play with. Some make a really good hot vinegar.

My Carolina Reaper on June 11th: 

IMG_20190611_214359.jpg

and the same one on June 21st:

Attachments

• IMG_20190621_122232.jpg
    IMG_20190621_122232.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 60
Doelman said:
I documented the growth of my first reaper.  
First pod appearance 6/12

Full size 6/21

First signs of ripening 7/8

Full color 7/12

So for this particular pod, it took exactly 1 month from fruit set to full color.
.Thank you for an informative photo-journal of your pepper grow!

Hope your season as successful as this post!

LSUtigers said:
Nice! Looks like your plant is loaded with big, gnarly pods.
I have 4 reaper plants and each one has 20-30 pods on it, some gnarly suckers for sure!  That first early pod was already scorching in heat, I can't wait to try the later pods!

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
.Thank you for an informative photo-journal of your pepper grow!

Hope your season as successful as this post!
It's only July and I'm already giving away pods because I have too many, definitely my most productive pepper season to date!

Back