• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds pepper seeds =/= weed seeds

HotPeppas

Banned
Weed seeds sprout so damn quick. Here a few days after i gave up hope on my pepper seeds to sprout. (Been a week) i come back in a few days poped on the light and there it was poping out of the jiffy cube

These suckers are slow!!!

Yeah. Now i got some cayennes and thais seedlings :) going to grow them over winter so there big and healthy come spring!

Cause lets face it cayennes are the best dried pod for any dish!

cucumbers grow excelently :)

I had pepper seeds for 2 weeks and was still waiting...put some cucumber seeds in cotton ball with water and a shot glass and bam like 3 days it was already rooted and going upwards...

Depends on many many variables for pepper seeds. I have had Goats Weeds pop in 15hrs, Bhut Jolokia in 24 and Chocolate Habs in 30. Age, moisture level, genetics all play a role in that. Its the crazy wilds that you really have to look out for, for me, lanceolatums taking 3 months.

Heck, I've been germinating plants most of the fall and just earlier this week planted some scotch bonnets, giant jalapenos and paper lanterns. None are up yet, but I suspect most will have popped by the end of next week. Of the 25 or so that I have germinated within the last two months, they all seemed to take between 8 days to 15 days for anything from Bhuts, to tobasco, or Butch Ts.

Back