• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper spacing

If they get as big as my plant are now then 4 plants and 5 would be pushin it... But every plant will be different in size...

It really depends on the varieties growing pattern and how long the plants will stay there.
I think I've pushed up to 10 plants in my balcony in that space. Plants growed one inside the other like a mini jungle and stayed relatively small but produced ok.
If you push that much you also need to fert and water heavely. On the other side keeping plants tight may be useful for shading if you suffer brutal heat during summer like i do.
Probably 4-5 plants is right for healthy growth and stay on the safer side.

Cya

Datil

You might find this helpful:
http://www.chiligrower.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=6&id=31818&Itemid=21

i'd say 9 plants if spaced in a zigzag pattern (5 in one row, and 4 in another spaced evenly)

that would give you a 1-2 ft radius around each plant. depending on how monstrous your climate will allow the plants to grow, you could cut that in half and have some pretty decent bushes

( - - - )
( ^- - )
( - - ^ )
( ^ - - )
( - - ^ )
( ^ - - )
( - - ^ )
( ^ - - )
( - - ^ )
( ^ - - )
( _ _ _)

Minimum of 4, max of 7. 5 would probably produce a bit more in total than 4 but at that point 6 or 7 would probably produce about the same as 5 because you'll be running out of light catching area, so I'd go with 5 unless you're worried some may start out slow or be runts, in which case toss in another 1 or 2 so if they don't take off the ones next to them will just fill in the space instead.

Back