• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper Sprout Problems

Hello! I'm a new grower to thehotpepper, and recently I've noticed some of my pepper sprouts having their leaf tips turn yellow, after closer examination I've found small little black spots on the leaves. Lastly I found that my one of the sprouts had a perfectly good leaf fall off.

Now this happened Friday when i noticed the leaves, last sunday I changed the water in my dwc and I added some grapefruit seed extract to keep algae down. I tested the ph and it said it was okay. I have often let the growcubes be 1/3 submerged in water, to make sure the plant doesn't dry, but am I doing the correct thing? I use dynagro bloom.

So can anyone give me some advice?

P.S. I also added more Dynagro than last time. And the pepper plants are being grown hydroponically in a bubbler dwc from a 22 gal container that I recently spray painted black in a greenhouse outside. Bugs possibly can get in the greenhouse but I never had this happen to other plants in the greenhouse

2qwj4bb.jpg

You will need a microscope to see thrips they are very small and fast little !@#$%^&. I have had success with monterey garden insect spray.

As for the water level, just make sure the roots are in the water and below the rockwool that the plant was started in. As the roots grow longer you can lower the water level accordingly.

Edit: Not sure if monterey is organic, and I wouldn't spray anything until the plants get a bit older.

Back