• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper substation?

I think it sounds sour too Derek...grapefruit is a puckerer anyway...

google "habanero salsa recipe" and look at the different ones to get an idea of what you like...you know your taste....

Aji Amarillos are yellow and mild.You can probably get an amarillo paste at a latin food store.I think Goya makes it.Or wait a couple months and I'll send ya some seeds...

scoville said:
Aji Amarillos are yellow and mild.You can probably get an amarillo paste at a latin food store.I think Goya makes it.Or wait a couple months and I'll send ya some seeds...
Thank you mate, I will use a yellow bell chillie,

scoville said:
Your welcome,it does sound good.if I could only find the substation I'd be right over for a sample!
But why 5 habs? I mean One will serfice wouldn't?

I don't want fire & coming out of my pooper shoot.

PhatManDerek said:
But why 5 habs? I mean One will serfice wouldn't?

I don't want fire & coming out of my pooper shoot.

Well I guess it all depends on what you like and who will be eating it. I followed a recipe that called for 8 if I remember correct. It was nice and hot but no one else would eat it.

PhatManDerek said:
I did say that and yes they are pretty much add bonus,

Let me fetch the recipe for you guys!

Habanero Salsa

Recipe courtesy Peter Mantel, Loews Miami Beach Hotel, Florida

Prep Time:
20 min
Inactive Prep Time:
10 min
Cook Time:
0 min

Level:
Easy

Serves:
4 to 6 servings

Ingredients

* 5 habanero chiles, roasted
* 4 amarillo chiles
* 3 scallions, finely chopped
* 1 grapefruit, juiced
* 1 lime, zested and juiced
* 1 bunch cilantro, leaves picked and chopped
* Salt and pepper

Directions

Soak the habanero and amarillo chiles in hot water for approximately 10 minutes. Remove the chiles from the water and scrape and deseed them. Place the chiles into a food processor and add enough of the soaking liquid to cover a quarter of the way. Puree into a fine paste. Place the puree into a bowl and add in the chopped scallions, fruit juices, lime zest, and chopped cilantro. Mix well, season with salt and pepper, and serve warm.

sounds like what I posted here, though different just a tad.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=4516

you can also search THP salsa recipes for some ideas ;)

you should buy some spicy cookbooks at some local big name bookstores or ?
even costco sells some good cookbooks (IMO)
just buy several cookbooks to try those recipes or just to get ideas.
when it comes to salsa, what do you like ? well then mix those together & mess with the ingredient ammount.

chilehunter said:
sounds like what I posted here, though different just a tad.

http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=4516

you can also search THP salsa recipes for some ideas ;)

you should buy some spicy cookbooks at some local big name bookstores or ?
even costco sells some good cookbooks (IMO)
just buy several cookbooks to try those recipes or just to get ideas.
when it comes to salsa, what do you like ? well then mix those together & mess with the ingredient ammount.
That depends, I like very chunky salsa with a very little bit of liquid if it's nacho's with the works.

If its a chips then I like the green salsa that looks like its been puree and it must have some heat!

If its a taco salid then I like no salsa but a little Pico De Gallio.

the recipe you posted & I posted are damn near the same, & in my cookbook it looks chunky w/some liquid.

I also love chunky salsa.

come on its salsa! its not that hard to make!
you know the general ingredients to use in salsa, what else do you really need to know ?
aside for certain flavors you like better or heat or thickness.

just go to the grocery store & buy the ingredients you like cut'em up & add the ammount you'd like of each, add a little of this a little of that & call it good.

& if you dont like it tough shit, ya gotta eat it anyways cuz its your dinner & theres nothing else to eat :lol:
I'm just kidding it cant turnout that bad.
its all trial & error for your tastebuds, figure what ya like.

chilehunter said:
the recipe you posted & I posted are damn near the same, & in my cookbook it looks chunky w/some liquid.

I also love chunky salsa.

come on its salsa! its not that hard to make!
you know the general ingredients to use in salsa, what else do you really need to know ?
aside for certain flavors you like better or heat or thickness.

just go to the grocery store & buy the ingredients you like cut'em up & add the ammount you'd like of each, add a little of this a little of that & call it good.

& if you dont like it tough shit, ya gotta eat it anyways cuz its your dinner :lol:
I'm just kidding it cant turnout that bad.
its all trial & error for your tastebuds, figure what ya like.
I hear you man, all I know I'm only going to add 2-3 habs for less heat since I'm still a heat wimp so far.

as for the ammount of chiles, thats different for everyone nothing to be ashamed about, you're still a chilehead!

let us know how it is, I dont think it could be that bad, heck I posted the recipe on this forum. I'm not a grapefruit fan but for those that are, I dont see why they wouldnt like this.
to each their own when it comes to flavors!

chilehunter said:
as for the ammount of chiles, thats different for everyone nothing to be ashamed about, you're still a chilehead!

let us know how it is, I dont think it could be that bad, heck I posted the recipe on this forum. I'm not a grapefruit fan but for those that are, I dont see why they wouldnt like this.
to each their own when it comes to flavors!
Amen, I'll let you all know how it goes.

Back