• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pepper variety question?

One of my favorite plants from the 10 or so of the same species (?)They came form an Asian grocery & were in a generic plastic bag labelled "hot chili" I started growing in late fall. The first plant I grew before these had independent flowers but this one seems to have them in clusters of 5-7 per/node(?). I think I saw one called the "Eagle's Claw"? Anyone seen other plants like this or know what variety it might be?

pepper clusters abound!!! The source peppers were hot too :mouthonfire:

5607486788_e78b90f436_z.jpg

I'm jealous you've got pods growing this time of the year. That plant looks great!
I sprouted them late fall indoors so its time for them to produce. Wish that stick wasn't in the photo but its holding the plant up as its @ 4+/- ft tall

some people will call delicious peppers ornamentals
because they have not found out how delicious the hotties are
and they are afraid to be adventurous with what they stick in their mouth

(we think all chilis are for eating)

they need to be given a chance to come around

remember you were also told those chilis will "burn" you :crazy:

they may be simply called Thai Hot...

kinda looks like the peppers used for szechuan cooking....and those have a pretty good heat level...

they may be simply called Thai Hot...

kinda looks like the peppers used for szechuan cooking....and those have a pretty good heat level...

They do have that characteristic shape.
fresh, ripe, hot,

what's not to like?

:woohoo:
Their parent seeds were hot so I'm hoping these are just as hot. I started using hot sauce as a teenager so somethings got to be fairly hot for me to classify it as such :cool:

Back