• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PepperHayes Super Hots 2016

Hey guys

I did say I was going to complete a log for this grow, however it has been a very hectic winter, and I have a busy spring ahead so the updates will not be as concise as I had hoped they would be, and I am hoping the video can be shared by simply pasting the youtube link. 
This is my first time growing super hots, I am extremely excited. 

Some quick info - these were all started on Jan 1st, via peat pods in two domes. The domes were heated by placing some heat cord I had from my reptile breeding days, underneath the trays. 
These guys are all being fed PureBlend Pro, until their final move when they will be fed a combination of wonderful organic guano and compost teas. 
These guys will all be transplanted into those milk/juice containers ( roughly 1.8 L ) by next weekend, where they will stay until their final move into 5 Gal buckets. 

Please feel free to ask questions, I am eager to share any information and also open to any advice. 

Thanks!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_2tK8AyAWk

Thanks Welder!!

Just getting to know who likes what!! Shocked at a few heavy feeders, Im not sure if this is the standard but these Primos are feeding like a Grizzly out of hibernation. I usually take it easy on young veggies but these guys cant get enough, they need 50% stronger food than the next highest feeder!!

Good job...nice selection....your off to a great start.

Thanks mpicante, that means a lot!!

Sizzle Lips - Appreciate the kind words!  Beautiful looking pods in your pic, and love the Zappa quote. Be prepared for some PMs from myself, as I am around the corner in Georgetown and may still have a few questions about growing super hots in our area. 

PepperHayes said:
Thanks mpicante, that means a lot!!

Sizzle Lips - Appreciate the kind words!  Beautiful looking pods in your pic, and love the Zappa quote. Be prepared for some PMs from myself, as I am around the corner in Georgetown and may still have a few questions about growing super hots in our area. 

Feel free.....I will try and help any way I can........there are a ton of people here on THP with a Smorgasbord of different pepper knowledge that can and will help if I cant.

Sizzle Lips said:

Feel free.....I will try and help any way I can........there are a ton of people here on THP with a Smorgasbord of different pepper knowledge that can and will help if I cant.
First question time! I know the videos I post aren't very concise - but based on what you see, do you think 5 Gal will be enough for these guys come final transplant in June? 

Hey guys, pretty much every plant is flowering currently, and I have two small jalapenos almost matured on one small plant. Not very interested in trying to fruit under T8s......
They are all still in the 2L and 1 Gal containers, yet to planted in their final 5 Gal buckets. As I am looking at another month minimum before I can put these guys outside - I am wondering if they will still grow larger in size once transplanted again and placed outside in May, or will they continue to fruit at the size they are at now?

Back