• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PepperJams Pepper Forest

Garden is doing great in the raised bed. It follows that clustering technique everyone is raving about. Each plant is 1 foot away from the other. Its becoming a pepper forest. Here are the plants in april 3rd.

P1010455.jpg

and now june 7th.

P1010821.jpg

P1010820.jpg

now on to the pepper pod show ....

red 7pods
P1010822.jpg

naga morich
P1010824.jpg

choco bhuts
P1010825.jpg

red bhuts
P1010826.jpg

red 7pods
P1010827.jpg

yellow 7pods - you can see one turning yellow! sooo cool!
P1010828.jpg

red habaneros - all strikingly red!
P1010829.jpg

now on to the containers, a overall view

P1010838.jpg

choco bhuts
P1010833.jpg

yellow bhuts - changing to orange, i suspect it will become yellow later ?
P1010834.jpg

red habaneros - a mini habanero is red
P1010835.jpg

and just to throw it in, some pretty thai basil flowering
P1010836.jpg

Everything is looking VERY good! I hate to be the first one to say this, but that 2nd "Yellow 7" REALLY doesn't look like a 7 Pod. The first one you showed is the real deal. But, like you see, they should NEVER be orange, and ANY point, if they are Yellow 7's. They look KINDA 7 Pod'ish, but may be crossed. Either way, the pods outta be fun!

Everything is looking VERY good! I hate to be the first one to say this, but that 2nd "Yellow 7" REALLY doesn't look like a 7 Pod. The first one you showed is the real deal. But, like you see, they should NEVER be orange, and ANY point, if they are Yellow 7's. They look KINDA 7 Pod'ish, but may be crossed. Either way, the pods outta be fun!

Sharp eye! You are right Hot Pooper, it was a mislabel. They are chocolate bhuts and yellow bhuts. I fixed them.

i am liking what i am seeing here

any comments on the differing heat levels from say one red hab. to another?

have you got some in the square and another in a fiver?

edited for more stupid nitwit interrogatives

would you be able to compare the different red habs with a coin or ruler
so i can/might be able to tell how big 'yours' are

Well done square foot gardening bed plants look very healthy and producing pretty good. The bird peppers are beautiful and really should be considered an ornamental as well as great tasting peppers. Will you cluster you plants again next year? Congrats on the almost ripe pods. :mouthonfire:

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I am really excited. This is my first year growing superhots, let alone the Chinese variety.

any comments on the differing heat levels from say one red hab. to another?

have you got some in the square and another in a fiver?

edited for more stupid nitwit interrogatives

would you be able to compare the different red habs with a coin or ruler
so i can/might be able to tell how big 'yours' are

The habs just become red. Haven't had the chance to eat them yet. Yea i have one hab, yellow and choco bhut in 5 gallon containers and some in the raised bed. Sure i'll compare the sizes. I think the raised beds habs are bigger.

Well done square foot gardening bed plants look very healthy and producing pretty good. The bird peppers are beautiful and really should be considered an ornamental as well as great tasting peppers. Will you cluster you plants again next year? Congrats on the almost ripe pods. :mouthonfire:

Yes, i'll continue clustering the plants in raised bed. This will be my first year to attempt to overwinter which should be interesting as each plant's roots are intertwined with eat other's i'm sure.

The thai peppers are awesome. i love using them in thai cooking and making thai fish sauce with peppers mix. I sometimes bring some peppers to my favorite thai restaurant for added heat :mouthonfire:

Back