• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

PepperJoe - What the **** did I end up with?

Morouga #1 - saving this one for after Douglah 7 Pot
img_0020-1.jpg

"Morouga" #2 - chemical "chinense-y" taste, less pronounced than Bhut Jolokia (my only other superhot flavour reference) and around 1/3 to 1/2 the heat. Just started turning brown at the tip when I decided to murdicate them.
img_0007-1.jpg

7 Pot Douglah - untasted fer now. Licked my finger after handling and there's some good heat :P
img_0076.jpg

Thoughts, ideas, guesstimations?

The "Douglah" are hot as hell :P Covered in placenta and oily as fark. The bright red pepper has an amazing floral/fruity aroma I can't put my finger on.

Poppers are underway hehehe. I think it will get messy. No where to put the creme chizz.

Pic 3 looks like Douglah to me, they throw out all sorts of shapes so I wouldnt worry on that.  They are hot as sin, I made some powder out of a batch and that stuff could melt the icecap!  lol

Errrhmehgawd those were delicious. The burning fire of the Douglah thingamagigs glossed over everything for awhile, but it subsided, the copious (full head) of garlic came through as I mow-powed the chilis in the middle pic. This is the third or fourth time I've eaten nothing but peppers for dinner..... even after chowing down the Douglahs, that bright red Morouga cut right through everything hehehe.

Thanks for the replies. I'll never order from PJ again, but in the warm afterglow effect I'm feeling much less hostile towards him and am pretty happy with these. The unidentified maroonish ones will be kept around, a good middle ground for the uninitiated and small children :P

Me arse is still suffering from afterburn.
Life is good.

cruzzfish said:
Yeah, last are douglah, and the first could be a moruga. The second one looks like I've seen it before, but don't know what to call it.
t

Sort of looks like HB Jeffs picture of Chocolate Devils Tongue, especially the interior/flesh.

miguelovic said:
Errrhmehgawd those were delicious. 

Good to hear you're not letting a little genetic pollution prevent you from enjoying a good pod! The way I see it, that's pretty much how most peppers came to be anyway. Sure I'd be disappointed if all the seeds I got were orange habs (yuck!), but a little craps shoot is kinda fun in the garden.

Not to crap on pepper Joe although he does mess up a lot, I would get my seeds from Judy at pepperlover.com .
The second photo reminds me of one of the long brown C. chinense variety like Aji Brown, The Moruga at the top looks about right and the last does look like a brown Douglah you will know it when you eat a piece of it, the same for the moruga both are extremely hot.

I would have to let them test me first. Preferably this happens afterwards, during the pre-trial.

wildseed57 said:
Not to crap on pepper Joe although he does mess up a lot, I would get my seeds from Judy at pepperlover.com .
The second photo reminds me of one of the long brown C. chinense variety like Aji Brown, The Moruga at the top looks about right and the last does look like a brown Douglah you will know it when you eat a piece of it, the same for the moruga both are extremely hot.

It does look similar to the Aji Brown, but much more wrinkled/twisted.  The flowers look dissimilar, structure as well. Maybe a cross? Either way, I've labelled them Burgundy Shitsticks (patent pending) and will pass them around as unknown C. chinense :P

Back