Pepperlover.com - Cool New Stuff

That's some beautiful looking pods! The peach fatalii sounds delicious. Noob question time though. What's the difference between 7 pots and 7 pot lava strain?

I think some of the Lavas were made from a specific cross and selected for traits (bumpiness and more).  Some looked really wicked last year!!

Chris

I have the red, chocolate, and black lava powders from Judy. 

Pretty damned awesome! Just flippin' DELICIOUS! 

Can't ever go wrong with Pepperlover :)

Hey Chris Nice photos, Judy has a bunch she has released a bunch of new peppers for 2015 and has reduced some of her prices for a  determined amount of time. She has added some more peppers from Turkey and Syria, and she has added some that is still being grown out marked with a PL She has a Jonah X Brain Strain and some like the Devils Horn And Devils Brain and Devils Heart those are all marked with a PL for Pepperlover,  so that you know they are a work in progress. there are some like the Devils heart and Devil's Horns I would love to grow along the Jonah X Brain Strain, but I'm still looking at her wild varieties as I won't be growing any super hots this coming season, So I have plenty of time to order some super hots. This coming season is just for rare wild pepper species like C.Tovarii, C, lanceolatum and C. Rhomboideum just to name a few, Judy doesn't have them but does have C. eximium, C. chacoense, and C. praetermissum that even a beginner can grow with a little time and luck.
For some like her C.galapagoense you will need lots of luck, But I got lucky and grew 4 plants out of 6 seeds this season, I have tried 4 times before with no luck at all. She does have a rare wild C. eximium and a C, praetermissum marked as (Judy's Blue Mystery) that is a pretty easy to grow and some of the rare C. chacoense that is fairly easy to grow. You may need to ask about some of the seeds to see if she has enough to sell, especially the rare wild ones. Judy is one of the best vendors here and her pricing is very fair so her seeds run out pretty fast at times.

George

wildseed57 said:
 She has a Jonah X Brain Strain and some like the Devils Horn And Devils Brain and Devils Heart those are all marked with a PL for Pepperlover,  so that you know they are a work in progress. 
i think all the ones that are released on her website are pretty stable probably f5s atleast...
She doesn't release the real works in progress (like choc scorp, choc brain, choc lava)

They will pop up soon enough, knowing that she likes to get everything right before releasing a new variety that she has worked on, so that it will be enjoyed by her customers.  Where as some vendor don't care if you even get what you ordered, just try ordering a pepper from Ebay where you could order a Moruga and end up with a Bell Pepper.  Its called Customer satisfaction, I for one can wait and see all the new teasers, almost as good as a trip to Victoria's Secrets.

I had a chance to try the Devil's Brain.. :onfire:  Classic naga wedge shape,with convoluted skin and placenta like a brain.

15722970072_95c033392c_c.jpg

Pr0digal_son said:
I had a chance to try the Devil's Brain.. :onfire:  Classic naga wedge shape,with convoluted skin and placenta like a brain.

Wow, this looks nice... is it from pepperlover too?

Spicegeist said:
Wow, this looks nice... is it from pepperlover too?
Yes,I didn't get any good photos of it unfortunately, but it had the 3 sided wedge shape. Perfect shape for my eye atleast. Always will enjoy the shapes of the various indian varieties.

The arrangement of the seeds is indian,but way more placenta. It runs to the tip of the pod. Aromatics are in line with 7's,very strong scent. I will not give any input on the flavor because I am picky about chinense. Some people like the strong,musky flavors,I am not one. I have found very few that I grow more than once. Judy describes the heat as brutal,I am in complete agreement. Ouch!

Back