• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Pepperlover NAR: what is this?

DontPanic said:
The picture for the Nar pepper shown on the pepperlover web page has a clear constricted calyx.

It's most likely mislabeled as a baccatum, but the only way to know for sure is to grow it out.

The pepper looked like a C.Chinense to me, except for the single pod at the node ( C. Chinense usually has multiple pods). But this isn't written in stone. You're right, I'll just grow it this year and solve the mystery. Thanks for the reply.

Alan

Update on my NAR.  I couldnt wait to try it so I picked the first pod before it was fully ripe. Sure look fiery doesnt it?

VazL1hA.jpg

agUQA1l.jpg

HHJbGLD.jpg

Regarding the heat, its hot! I would say on par with a reaper.  Right now we are in the midst of the hottest time of the year, so 40c (105F) temps are not uncommon mid day. I have observed that after a certain temperature, the heat seems to go down on the peppers. All of my plants are producing milder pods this time of the year. I got the hottest pods in January when the temps were about 30 C (85 C) mid day.  The taste is nice, not unique in a special way like a chocolate bhutlah is. Still not hotter than my bhutlahs, but those were picked in January. My Bhutlahs right now are also milder.  

Cheers

Back