• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peppers are a bit spongy and not glossy

I have a large bhut jolika that I managed to save through winter. It has grown loads this year and now has a lots of pods on it.
The problem is the pods seem a bit squishy and are not glossy in texture, they are matt. It is also dropping lots of flowers.
I removed it from its pot and it was root bound quite bad so I have reported it.
Could this be the issue and if so will the roots still want to grow into the larger pot this far into the season?
Cheers

i i have some in my plants...  they dont grow anymore looks like the tranplant i made stopped them ...  im considering cutting them off so the plant will change speed
and re bud and bring the secon wave  in top condition

hmm unsure what to do. there is probably 9 weeks growing season left here.

Last year i had some hot wax peppers do the same but these were the last ones at the end of the season.

If the pods are just started coming on they still be thin walled and soft at first. They will grow thicker walls, gain size and change to a darker green color before they ripen. Pics would help tho cause your situation may be totally different. I just figured they might still be premature.

Back