• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Peppers in Perth

Hi I'm pretty new to the chilli growing game but I'm doing ok so far, I have a jalapeño, Jamaican yellow and Thai chilli plant that are all doing well in amongst my herb garden, they have been flowering well and I'm getting a good number of chillies from them! However I also bought a Ricoto Red chilli plant at the same time it was more mature than the others (at least it was bigger,not sure about age) and it hasn't flowered or produced any chillies?? I have had the 4 plants for around 10-12 weeks now and I'm coming up to picking my 2nd lot of chillies probably in around a bit over 2 weeks by the looks of things :)
Does anyone have a Ricoto Red chilli plant or know why mine is not flowering?
Thanks!
Also has anyone used chilliseedbank.com.au I ordered some seeds from them over a week a go and still no sign? Also wondering about the quality of their product? :)

I have bought goods from Chilliseed bank twice. First time I received in about 2 weeks, second time I contacted them after 3 weeks by email, seems the goods got lost in the mail, and they sent me a replacement. You can contact them at chilliman@chilliseedbank.com.au

I have a Red Rocoto, but still a small plant, good thing is they don't mind colder weather so should produce later in the season.

:welcome: from Brissy, mate!

I have bought goods from Chilliseed bank twice. First time I received in about 2 weeks, second time I contacted them after 3 weeks by email, seems the goods got lost in the mail, and they sent me a replacement. You can contact them at chilliman@chilliseedbank.com.au

Two weeks is a very long time to wait on a parcel sent within Australia. A week max is all it should take if the order was sent promptly. I had the same kind of troubles when I ordered under the old management. Haven't ordered from them since it's been under new management but sounds like things are no better at all! My first order was "lost", then the resent order took a month to arrive (I actually thought I wasn't going to see it at that stage), and when it did finally arrive, one variety was missing, another variety I only got 3 or 4 very dead looking seeds for, two varieties didn't germinate and the one variety that did, didn't grow true! If orders are still being sent late and/or getting lost under new management, I wouldn't trust it anymore now than I trusted it after my experiences back then!

I didn't think you was allowed to send seeds to WA or Tazzie? don't quarantine rules apply in them states?

Mezo.

Back