• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Peppers & pods 2011

Moranguinho

Moranguinho-VladanSmiciklas-rainbowchiliseedsP1040374.jpg

Morouga orange
C.Chinense

This is the first pepper pod I pick this morning should be red .The bad part the pod was infected with pepper maggot so I pull only two good seeds out of pod.Pepper is extrimely hot & taste also is very good.

Morougaorange-VladanSmiciklas-rainbowchiliseedsP1040423.jpg

Tabago seasoning

Tabagoseasoning-VladanSmiciklas-rainbowchiliseedsP1040385.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this is also known as a pemento pepper? I grew up hearing about the pemento pepper and that its all flavor and no heat..
But still dont know for sure what seeds i would need to get to grow my own.
and wonderful pictures as well. Love the shots of the flowers.

Thank you,never had before pepper maggots with my plants only one plant so far that is Hot pepper " Hottie", hope I don't have any more or it going be waste aford..

Well, I'm not completely sure it's pepper maggots, but something is definitely boring a small hole near the stem in a lot of the pods and causing them to rot on the inside. I've never actually seen any pepper maggots inside them, but it's a big PITA either way. I've had to throw out quite a lot of pods.

Can anyone tell me if this is also known as a pemento pepper? I grew up hearing about the pemento pepper and that its all flavor and no heat..
But still dont know for sure what seeds i would need to get to grow my own.
and wonderful pictures as well. Love the shots of the flowers.

Pimenta on Spanish mean pepper,realy I can't tell you much about this pepper growing first time this year when ripe I will see if this pepper have any heat at all.This pepper they use for seasoning like.

Well, I'm not completely sure it's pepper maggots, but something is definitely boring a small hole near the stem in a lot of the pods and causing them to rot on the inside. I've never actually seen any pepper maggots inside them, but it's a big PITA either way. I've had to throw out quite a lot of pods.

You are wright about the magotts or what ever can be,they drill the hole like you said at top by the stem & when you open pod inside is rotten & hardly any good seeds.Hope that is not the case with more peppers variety or going to be very hard to take.

Pimenta on Spanish mean pepper,realy I can't tell you much about this pepper growing first time this year when ripe I will see if this pepper have any heat at all.This pepper they use for seasoning like.

It's actually pimiento in Spanish. As far as I know it usually only refers to a specific certain type of sweet red pepper, but none of the Spanish speakers I know use the word (only chile) so I don't know. Pimento is usually just a generic term for mild cherry peppers...

You are wright about the magotts or what ever can be,they drill the hole like you said at top by the stem & when you open pod inside is rotten & hardly any good seeds.Hope that is not the case with more peppers variety or going to be very hard to take.

Yeah and I don't think there is really any control for them, at least that I know of. They seem to come around this time of year every year. Fortunately they don't get to all the pods at least.

Back