Pequín Pods for Seeds

2v7w7qh.jpg

Anyone interested in some fresh (or dried, if you want to wait)  pequín (Capsicum annuum) pods?  They are hot lip-stingers, relatively thin-walled (they'll dry well enough), and full of seeds.  The plants tend to be very vigorous and prolific, (at least at a 32'N latitude.  One volunteered this year in the middle of a raised bed; the plant zoomed to around four-feet tall and threw up a canopy to rival an average beach umbrella.  Much bigger, and I would've been looking to hang a tire swing from it.)

What I'd be thrilled to receive in return would be seeds or pods of interesting things I don't have, e.g. the variegated "fish pepper" featured in a current thread.  Baccatums are very cool (Chinenses, for me, not so much) or anything aromatic, flavourful, interesting, and/or ornamental.

Here's hoping we can broaden our horizons while we share the heat.

Thanks.

. . . like ripe better than green

Yep.  I tend to feel that way about every variety I've tasted.

The early, 25°F freeze (followed by almost 85°F within three days) forced my hand: it was use 'em or lose 'em.

. . . the plant zoomed to around four-feet tall and threw up a canopy to rival an average beach umbrella.  Much bigger, and I would've been looking to hang a tire swing from it.

Most of the pods are now headed to Arizona where, loosed upon the soil, they, I expect, will march toward world-conquest.

Back