• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PeriPeri's Grow 13/14/15/2016: South African

Welcome to PeriPeri's Grow 13/14/15/2016: South Africa

If you would like to see the 2012/2013 Grow, you can see it Here

First a little info about our country:

South Africa is situated at the very southern tip of the African continent. Our country ranges a divers spectrum of cultures and religions and of course habitats. Our country is flanked by the Atlantic on the SW coast line and the Indian Ocean on the NE coast line. Our diverse habitats range from tropical to sub saharan and even desert up north. One thing is for sure, the high summer temperatures and generally mild winter temperatures mean that our country does offer a great opportunity to grow chillies (among other things). To those who are not familiar with our country, Africa probably conjurs up images of harsh barren landscapes with dry baked un-fertile soil and wild animals roaming all over the place. South Africa is probably one of the most established african countries with a large farming sector and loads of fertile soil.

The locality of where this grow will take place is largely situated inland near Pretoria. Altitude here is about 4000ft above sea level. We are talking mild winters with some frost early mornings (temperatures drop at night due to altitude). Daytime temps in winter are round about 21ºC and night time temps can drop as low as -4ºC on a very cold night. There is no rain on the "Highveldt" as we call it in winter. As a rule of thumb all months of the year without an "R" do not have rain. These are our dry months, which go from May till August. Our summer is also our rainy season. This goes from September till April. Temperatures in Pretoria in Summer vary 30ºC - 40ºC daytime to a low of 17ºC on average at night. While there is often long dry spells without rain, rains usually accumulate as huge thunderstorms that bring flash floods, hail and sever lightning.

The farm has a borehole which provides water for the garden. Although at present there is no irrigation system. One of my projects for this year.

Animal wise, we have loads of insects, snakes, scorpions, spiders, primates (Baboons and Vervet Monkeys) as well as Carnivores such as Jackals, Rooicats (mountain lion) and other smaller wild cats. But as far as chillies go, the monkeys and baboons are the biggest problem as they do eat the milder chillies and destroy plants while foraging. There are no traps big enough for monkeys and generally they are very clever to get around most deterrents, so full enclosure with shade netting is the best way.

Other than this, I would say that while there has been much bad publicity about the country in the press, our country is a beautiful country with diversity everywhere, the land, the people, the cultures and the religions. Hence our country is called the rainbow nation. Most famous person is probably Nelson Mandella who established our new democracy in the New South Africa after the apartheit era. Our country is a young democracy in the making - but most of all, our country is a diverse and beautiful country with much to offer and of course home of the Big 5, Blue Whale and Great White Shark... and much much more. Just a quick and very narrow snapshot of what our wonderful country is about!

Last years experience has given me a better understanding of growing at the farm and these are the pitfalls from my exercise last year.

Generally last year was a great season. Great weather - hot and dry. Lots of mistakes made, but things that will not be repeated. Last year we had about 78 different varieties of chillies. We had an estimated 1000 plants in the soil. Last season was our first season growing in the soil and based on previous experiences with growing in pots... I will say adieu to pots and hello soil.

1) Watering. As mentioned there is no irrigation. Water is available a plenty, but regular watering in these hot climates is a must. So for me, I will be looking closely at getting some sort of a watering system up and running. Added problem is that the farm is located about 1 hour from where I live, so watering every day during the week was reliant on staff at the farm watering ever second day during the week. Staffing issues resulted in the loss of quite a few plants due to non watering. So irrigation and a computer will be priority.

2) Season. Last year we started planting seedlings late October/Early November. This year we aim to be in the soil early October. Germination started earlier this season beginning July. I have also acquired a green house which I will use for the seedlings.

3) Planting. Last year planting got into a big muddle. This year I will be more methodical. Also, we planted too close. We found that this becomes a problem when harvesting. We did not feel that last years approach of planting two seedlings together being a problem. We did not notice any significant lower yield with plants that had been planted together as opposed to individually. And found that the cohabitation of plants together (in pairs) actually helped in areas where seedlings were exposed to direct sun. In fact, cohabitation resulted in better growth and larger plants.

4) Spacing. Last year we planted seedlings approx 45cm apart. We would like to extend this to 60cm as we found 45cm to be too dense. We were happy with using channels and rows which helped retain water for approx two - three days between watering and helped channel any run off out of the field. Also, there was no pooling or puddling which was better I think.

5) Insects/monkeys/Snails. Mostly cutworm issues with small seedlings. We will tackle this by using (Stickman's stick method) and through pellets - if need be. Pepper maggots: We suffered quite extensively with Pepper Maggots. We will implement sacrificial boundary plants, fly tapes and beer traps (not for me but the wasps). Monkeys: Plant inside enclosures only. We will be looking at extending the current shade net enclosure, but will need to raise funding for this. Giant African Land Snail: Amazing buggers these. We found lots but only a few that had dug into the plants root system to suck the minerals from plant roots. Not much of a threat as these were just removed by hand, but the enclosure goes a long way to preventing them from getting in.

6) Weeds. Last year we had a problem with weeds. Weeds were time consuming at the start of the season and probably brought about by the application of horse manure. We will try and look at applying some kind of ground cover to reduce weeds, but this will be advised at a later stage.

7) Planting. Last year we took young seedlings and planted them in a nursery. Once big enough we transplanted them densely in the inside enclosed garden (which has 40% shade cloth) and then transplanted the young plants to the open fields once about 15 - 20cm in size. We would like to cut out all the extra work and transplanting, which we found to just delay growth. Every time you transplant, the plant growth is set back... so we will be planting directly into the plants final destination. This means we will be waiting for the pants to get to 15-20cm in size before planting in the soil. Last season we planted seedlings in the soil when they were very small and this also resulted in losses through cutworm.

8) Fertilizers. Nothing hectic. The soil at the farm is incredibly rich and fertile soil. But we found last year that Seaweed and Fish fertilizers to be brilliant and totally harmless. So we will definitely be sticking with this recipe. Out of time constraint, last season, pellets were applied to the surface as opposed to mixing the pellets into the soil around the base of the plant, so this season we will try and do this properly. We alo will pay particular attention to maintaining the mounds around the root base and regularly loosening the soil. With our flash floods and heavy downpours the mounds do flatten and the soil becomes compacted. This results in roots being exposed, water running off the soil as opposed to into the soil and ultimately impacting on the plants optimal growth.

9) Support. Last year we added support as the plants became bigger. Not knowing how big some of the plants would get. We have a better idea this year and will be implementing supports at the beginning. We have two types of bamboo on the farm and will be using the harder thinner bamboo as this does not disturb the roots as much.

10) Drink. More beer. Last year we did not have nearly enough beer to get us through the backbreaking work... so there will have to be more beer for sure :) Just one more thing on that, Nature is an amazing process. Trust in nature. Everything has its place and jumping to intervene (which we always want to do) is sometimes the worst thing that we can do. Plants are very forgiving once established and a lot more resilient than we give them credit for. So chill. Have a beer when the nerves are frayed and you want to reach for the napalm. Nature is amazing most of the time and things in nature have survived a million times over. For aphids there are ladybirds. For insects there are the birds... if you napalm the aphids, the ladybirds will go... just chill and have a beer :) This is my theory and I am sticking to it lol

Ok, lots on the cards this year. plenty to do and arrange and it will be kicking off shortly. The plants from last year are still in the garden and field. I only over wintered the special plants. Of these there are 100 mature plants that I rescued from the winter frost. The other 900 plants are still in the soil. It looks like armageddon in the fields. Some plants have been taken by the frost for sure, but others are showing signs of life. I plan to go this week to weed out the dead plants from the survivors and prune dead wood. I am planning to rearrange things somewhat, so once I have established the survivors, I will be transplanting those plants to get order back into the fields. This will allow me to get the vacant land ready for new plants.

As mentioned germination is well under way. Propagator has been fired up now for month and a bit and seedlings are coming along just great. First week of October will be my D-Day for planting.

Loads of exciting new chillies on the go this season. I had intended to cut down on the number of plants this year... but guess what :D

Grow List 2013/2014

Aji Lemon
Angkor Sunrise
Anheim
Antilaise Caribbean
Avenir
Baby Belle Pimento
Bahamian Goat
Bali Long
Bali Naga
Bhut Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia Cappuccino
Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
Bhut Jolokia Peach
Bhut Jolokia X Habanero Giant White
Big Jim
Bile Bile (Zimbabwean PeriPeri)
Biquinho
Bishops Crown
Black Pearl
Blondie
Bonda Ma Jacques
Boriya Mirch
Cabe Merah
Calapeño Thunder
California Wonder Golden
Calypso
CARDI Red
Carolina Reaper
Cayenne
Joe's Long Cayenne
Cherry Sweet
Cherry Bomb
Cheyenne
Cheyenne X Thai
Condom (Aji Verde)
Datil
Devil's Tongue Brown
Devil's Tongue White
Ecuadorian Sweet
Explosive Embers
Facing Heaven
Fatalii Red
Fatalii White
Fatalii Yellow
Fidalga Roxa
Fish Pepper
Goronong Cili
Habanero Big Sun
Habanero Champagne
Habanero Gambia
Habanero Golden
Habanero Paper Lantern
Habanero Peach Long
Habanero Red
Habanero Large White
Habanero White Jellybean
Hong Kong
Hot Pixies
Hungarian Hot Wax
Hungarian Sweet Wax
Hungarian White Apple
Ignite
Jalapeño
Jalapeño El Jefe
Jamaican Gold
Jawala
Long Thai
Madballz7
Makulu Peri
Malaguetta
Manzano Orange
Mata Frade
Morango
Naga King Jolokia
Naga Morich (European)
Naga Morich (Indian)
Naga Viper
NagaBon
Nagalah
Orange Blob
Pasilla Bajio
Pata Pario
PeriPeri (Mozambique)
PeriPeri (Malawi)
PeriPeri (SA)
Phuli Jiyoti
Pimenta de Neyde
Purple Tiger
Red Savina
Ring of Fire
Rocotillo
Rodo
CARDI Yellow Scorpion
Scarlet Lantern
Scotch Bonnet
Scotch Bonnet Peach Long
Serrano
Sikanya
Tabasco
Thai Dragon
Thaibo
Trinidad 7 Pot Barrakpore
Trinidad 7 Pot Jonah X Trinidad Scorpion ButchT
Trinidad 7 Pot Primo
Trinidad 7 Pot Brainstrain
Trinidad 7 Pot Burgundy
Trinidad 7 Pot Douglah
Trinidad 7 Pot Jonah
Trinidad 7 Pot Red
Trinidad 7 Pot White
Trinidad Scorpion ButchT
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga
Trinidad Perfume
Trinidad Scorpion ButchT X Bhut Jolokia
Trinidad Scorpion ButchT X Trinidad 7 Pot Primo
Trinidad Scorpion ButchT X Moruga
Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow X Bhut Jolokia
Trinidad Scorpion Long Tail
Trinidad Scorpion Moruga Chocolate
Trinidad Scorpion Sunrise
Trinidad Scorpion Yellow FG
Tuscan Frgitello (Pepperoncini)

122 different types - I hope that will be it :D

Thank you to Stickman for the seeds. Thank you to Conor for his seeds and thank you to Meatfreak for the amazing selection he sent. I am still hoping that Walkgood's package will arrive - so thanks for those in advance my friend!

Sawyer said:

For the last batch of seeds I bagged up to mail, I wore one of these respirators.  It worked great for eliminating the coughing, sneezing, and tearing that usually accompanies the task.  A couple of days later, though, I sat at the same space doing something completely unrelated to peppers.  Just disturbing the surface, though, was enough to set off more coughing, etc.  These superhots are brutal.
lol yea them supers are vicious for sure. As soon as you add heat or grind them - it's chemical warfare lol
chilli whisperer said:
Ok,finally the weekend is here.
Lourens,my friend,you are knee deep in pods already! Well done!
Those douglah's look terrifying :s
You going to the farm this weekend?
Hi J, hooray - it's the weekend! Yea, leaving early early. Can't work in the garden beyond 10:30 ish as it is just too damn hot right now. From about 10:30 till 2:30 it is just too hot - so we will probably go laze by the pool :) In the cooler afternoon I will get going again.

Wow, Lourens, I missed a good bit of your season in the past
few days!  The grow appears to be accelerating!

Awesome pottage going on, some really sick stuff in your pictures!
Some look like they would take a bite out of you!  
Glad to see that you are having a great season there, my friend!

PeriPeri said:
Isn't it amazing! I read up that the pepper can be eaten in all three phases, white, orange and red. I have tried them when off white and there is very little flavour... but I am looking forward to trying some ripe ones!

The Hungarians usually pickle the Almapaprikas in the off-white stage and add some sugar to the brine to make up for the lack. HabaneroHead shared his Mom's recipe with me last year. I made up a quart to try and found when I opened the jar at Thanksgiving that they tasted excellent! I pickled them whole, but he tells me that they're also cored and stuffed before pickling too. Some popular stuffings are shredded red cabbage, ham and feta cheese. Pm if interested and I'll share the recipe.

PaulG said:
Wow, Lourens, I missed a good bit of your season in the past
few days!  The grow appears to be accelerating!

Awesome pottage going on, some really sick stuff in your pictures!
Some look like they would take a bite out of you!  
Glad to see that you are having a great season there, my friend!
Hey Paul. Thank you my friend - your powders are such a treat and we are absolutely loving them! It keeps us going :)

stickman said:

The Hungarians usually pickle the Almapaprikas in the off-white stage and add some sugar to the brine to make up for the lack. HabaneroHead shared his Mom's recipe with me last year. I made up a quart to try and found when I opened the jar at Thanksgiving that they tasted excellent! I pickled them whole, but he tells me that they're also cored and stuffed before pickling too. Some popular stuffings are shredded red cabbage, ham and feta cheese. Pm if interested and I'll share the recipe.
Hey Rick - thank you for the info... Is the Pope a Catholic? - YES, of course I need that recipe lol I will definitely want to try the proper Hungarian pickling recipe. By the way - my youngest loves tomatoes and she is just crazy about the sungold tomatoes you sent. My oldest daughter hates tomatoes.... she tried one and voluntarily had more! I have been trying for years to get her to eat tomatoes... now that is testament to how good they are - brilliant recommendation - thanks!

PeriPeri said:
Hey Rick - thank you for the info... Is the Pope a Catholic? - YES, of course I need that recipe lol I will definitely want to try the proper Hungarian pickling recipe. By the way - my youngest loves tomatoes and she is just crazy about the sungold tomatoes you sent. My oldest daughter hates tomatoes.... she tried one and voluntarily had more! I have been trying for years to get her to eat tomatoes... now that is testament to how good they are - brilliant recommendation - thanks!

Ok, I just hooked you up to the original pm... just read all the posts eh? You'll see why... ;)

Glad your daughters both liked the Sungold cherry tomatoes. In my experience they're "kid bait" for sure. :)
Cheers!

I fell behind this week glogging, dang it's hard to catch up.

Nice update back there Louren's! Plants are looking mighty fine, AND beautiful pods!

I agree with Sawyer, I had a Moruga with yellow pods and they looked Moruga like..

stickman said:

Ok, I just hooked you up to the original pm... just read all the posts eh? You'll see why... ;)

Glad your daughters both liked the Sungold cherry tomatoes. In my experience they're "kid bait" for sure. :)
Cheers!
Rick my man - thank you sir! I will print this off and give it a go - awesome!
Devv said:
I fell behind this week glogging, dang it's hard to catch up.

Nice update back there Louren's! Plants are looking mighty fine, AND beautiful pods!

I agree with Sawyer, I had a Moruga with yellow pods and they looked Moruga like..
Hey Scott, thank you! Yea - I think it must be. Still have not done the taste test... too blooming big them pods lol

Hey Lourens, looks like everything is going well for you, Started soaking the reaper seeds you sent me along with some others.
This year I decided to continue a breeding project that I started 4 years ago as I didn't want the seeds to go to waste and wanted to add a couple more crosses into it, right now its in the pick and choose what might work for the genes I need.
I am so envious of your garden and all the varieties that you are growing, as you are going even bigger and smarter this season you must have had a great ending to your 2013 grow, I missed most of your 2013 grow at the end except for a few photo's of all the gallons of sauces that you made.
I'm still in winter lock down, but I'm adding new soaking cups every day or so and keeping an eye on the rare wild ones for some life, I'm starting to think the seeds of my C. eximium might be too old as they look like they may have some rotting going on with them, good thing I overwintered three small plants that I had started last summer, from some newer seeds that I got in trade.
This year I have a lot of super hots that i want to grow, but as both my mom and my sister would like some more mildly sweet and hot peppers I will go ahead and plant about twenty more mild peppers for them.
Next week I have to have another physical and blood work up to see how things are going, then i get to play the waiting game till my doctor gets all the results back, I have been feeling pretty good and I have not had any stomach or liver pains or problems that go along with  the cancer problems that I had,  and other than looking like so much chopped up lunch meat when I take my shirt off I'm doing pretty good,  at least I hope so.
Well my friend,  take care and have a great harvest I'll stop by when I can.
George

wildseed57 said:
Hey Lourens, looks like everything is going well for you, Started soaking the reaper seeds you sent me along with some others.
This year I decided to continue a breeding project that I started 4 years ago as I didn't want the seeds to go to waste and wanted to add a couple more crosses into it, right now its in the pick and choose what might work for the genes I need.
I am so envious of your garden and all the varieties that you are growing, as you are going even bigger and smarter this season you must have had a great ending to your 2013 grow, I missed most of your 2013 grow at the end except for a few photo's of all the gallons of sauces that you made.
I'm still in winter lock down, but I'm adding new soaking cups every day or so and keeping an eye on the rare wild ones for some life, I'm starting to think the seeds of my C. eximium might be too old as they look like they may have some rotting going on with them, good thing I overwintered three small plants that I had started last summer, from some newer seeds that I got in trade.
This year I have a lot of super hots that i want to grow, but as both my mom and my sister would like some more mildly sweet and hot peppers I will go ahead and plant about twenty more mild peppers for them.
Next week I have to have another physical and blood work up to see how things are going, then i get to play the waiting game till my doctor gets all the results back, I have been feeling pretty good and I have not had any stomach or liver pains or problems that go along with  the cancer problems that I had,  and other than looking like so much chopped up lunch meat when I take my shirt off I'm doing pretty good,  at least I hope so.
Well my friend,  take care and have a great harvest I'll stop by when I can.
George
Hi George. Good to hear you are getting ready for the next season! The seeds I sent you have germinated really well for me this year. I just pop them strait into soil and avoid the whole wet tissue method. This did not work for me this year... lots of seeds just did not germinate that way... My issue this year was the watering of the chillies in the seed trays. I just could not get that right. Sometimes it is difficult to gauge if the cells are actually watered in the seed trays. Anyway... I will improve on this next season.

I have a couple of wild seeds going this season courtesy of some of the great guys on this site. I have had the privilege of trying some of the seeds that came in their pods and the flavour is just amazing! Back to origins I say.

Great news that you are on the mend my friend! I hope the Sutherlandia Tea has been helping through the winter chill. It won't be long before spring is back... we have three more montsh on the clock and the sun will return to you Northerners lol

Hi Lourens, looking at all your plants and pods are driving me crazy, as its just 20F here and will drop lower by tomorrow but at least there is no snow which has most of the North and East coast buried in snow.
checked my wild seeds for signs of life and found that one of my galapagoense had sprouted which made my day, I have had lousy luck when it comes to getting that species to sprout and grow for me.  I've got 4 of Judy's mystery blue's that have sprouted and 6 Praetermissum's that have popped, but sadly not one eximium, I will keep hoping that I get some new babies of it, but I still have the ones that I overwintered despite the damn aphids.
I'm still waiting on my tax return but as soon as I get it I'll be up and going with everything and will be ready to start building my raised beds as soon as the weather turns warm long enough to get out and do some work in the garden, that way they will be ready come spring time. I decided to buy some seeds from judy at Pepperlovers and some from another supplier so that I can get the tomatoes and mild chilies that I need.
I hope that the weather will cool down some for you, its no fun when all you can do is sweat and swat flies when you're trying to take care of things. 
Have a great day.
  George

wildseed57 said:
Hi Lourens, looking at all your plants and pods are driving me crazy, as its just 20F here and will drop lower by tomorrow but at least there is no snow which has most of the North and East coast buried in snow.
checked my wild seeds for signs of life and found that one of my galapagoense had sprouted which made my day, I have had lousy luck when it comes to getting that species to sprout and grow for me.  I've got 4 of Judy's mystery blue's that have sprouted and 6 Praetermissum's that have popped, but sadly not one eximium, I will keep hoping that I get some new babies of it, but I still have the ones that I overwintered despite the damn aphids.
I'm still waiting on my tax return but as soon as I get it I'll be up and going with everything and will be ready to start building my raised beds as soon as the weather turns warm long enough to get out and do some work in the garden, that way they will be ready come spring time. I decided to buy some seeds from judy at Pepperlovers and some from another supplier so that I can get the tomatoes and mild chilies that I need.
I hope that the weather will cool down some for you, its no fun when all you can do is sweat and swat flies when you're trying to take care of things. 
Have a great day.
  George
I hear you on the Galapagoense and I too have never had any luck... well done on getting them to germinate! Them aphids grrr! If you don't like chemicals, a little soapy water and oil and garlic I think is the mix to use. And apparently capsaicin is also good in the mix for bugs. Man them flies... they are hectic during the day. Pesky flies - don't even get me started.

Loads of fun with tasting new types of chillies this year. Some great flavours and also the insanely hot. D-Day is May. Organisers for the local Chilli festival have brought the dates forward to May. Last year it was in June or July which was out of season... so this year I will probably sell off plants and have some real fun with taste tests hehe! Looking forward to that. And of course making all the new sauces etc... great times ahead!

These are some pics I took last week. I will be going again for the day tomorrow... I am anticipating loads of change and developments. It has been a hot week!

The OW BhutxButchT has been a great producer again. Large pods, tasty and extremely hot.

IMG_4730.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

The Chocolate Bhut X Douglah is coming along splendidly. Quite a few of these on the go. I imagine this will be much bigger since last week.

IMG_4732.jpg

Bhut X Yellow 7 pot doing great. It struggled a bit with all the rain we had... but was looking much better with all the recent hot weather.

IMG_4733.jpg

Charles's Yellow Bhuts are coming along great guns. These have been separated out to see which plants will have the right phenotype.

IMG_4734.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

Cherry Bombs are yielding pods much quicker this season. Love these crunchy, juicy sweet all round delicious peppers. Got the heat of a Jalapeño... but it my mind much tastier.

IMG_4736.jpg

IMG_4737.jpg

Loads and loads of Ecuadorian Sweets on the go. I love these even more. Same as Cherry Bomb... just much sweeter. I will use all these milder chillies for the base of my sauces... makes for a real tasty back bone to the sauces.

IMG_4738.jpg

IMG_4739.jpg

But hells bells they take a long time to change colour!!!

Rick's Korean winner is - um - a winner lol Loads of pods, great germ rates... easy grower - now knowing Rick the taste will be equally as impressive ;)

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

The Jawala is also going for it. I think I will be drying these and making powder from these... the aroma from these is just amazing!

IMG_4745.jpg

IMG_4746.jpg

A wee muddle with these... either Infinities or ButchT's... but hell not much difference in heat between the two. I have an inkling these may well be Infinities. I bought seeds from the supplier ad received load - I think about 30 in a packet.

IMG_4747.jpg

The young Naga King Jolokias I planted this season are doing great. They are such great producers and produce so late into the season, I thought just a few plants. They are my absolute favourites... or have I already said this? lol

IMG_4748.jpg

The OW Naga King Jolokia is also doing ok. I must say that I am somewhat disappointed with the OW plants... yes, they have podded immediately... but yield is less in my experience than last year and plants are smaller. Pods too are smaller than last year. It could also be the cooler weather at the start of the season... but my gut is telling me to start a new next year. I will probably sell plants off at the end of the season...

IMG_4749.jpg

The OW Brainstrain too has not generated any height. It has remained squat - but there are loads of pods... more than last year as an exception to the rule.

IMG_4751.jpg

Nice looking pods on the plant though.

IMG_4752.jpg

I loved the Nagalah last season. A really nice producer. Not huge amount of pods... but what amazing quality in pods. Tasty, huge... great looking pods. So lets keep fingers crossed... theres a few Nagalahs I have planted anew...

IMG_4754.jpg

stickman said:
Very nice Lourens!  Are the Ecuadoran Sweets Chinense or Baccatum? Tasty is good, that's one of the things I insist on. Bump...
Hi Rick... not much info on these... Semillas refer to them as being Chinense... but I would say Baccatum - I tend to agree with you

Penny said:
All of your peppers look amazing, and I like the looks of the ecuadorian sweet...sounds like a good all around pepper. :dance:
Hi Penny, it is a lovely pepper. If you like them sweet.... this is the sweetest pepper I have ever tasted. One almost wants to make a dessert out of these :)

Back