Peru Bitdumi Rocoto ?

Yellow King said:
What do they taste like,and does the plant produce a lot of them ? Do you have pictures you can show me ?
last year is the first year i grew it, i have pics of the progress...
(i've also overwintered it and hope to get a lot more harvest this year :))

probably last week of May in this pic (just after i could finally put them outside here in US zone 4a)

only  a few examples of pods i seem to have saved a picture off (guess they were just so delicious that they never made it to pics :P )

10.14.15 (indoors under HPS)

11.17.15 (indoors under HPS)

hmmm seems i cant find pics after this (was my first year taking and sharing pics, as well as keeping, or trying to keep a log of it all visually)
guess i didn't do too well, i'll strive for moar frequent updates this year  :)

i might have some overwinter pics...

anyway, i thought it was very tasty, medium heat(for Rocotos) Pepper that was okay at pod production in it's first year, it was later to bloom and set pods than my ecuadorian sweet rocoto (still a bit of heat with that sweet), but ripened in less time 
it continued to ripen, and set more pods when i brought it in and put it under 1000W HPS  I'm hoping it does even better it's second year.

I hope i have been of some help  with this pepper
let me know if you have any other questions or need seeds for this.

:cheers:

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper 

Thegreenchilemonster said:
I have 5 big Peru Bitdumi plants ready to go back outside this April. The one thing I can tell you is that they are by far the hairiest pepper plants. I grow a lot of Pubescens, but damn the Peru Bitdumi is by far the hairiest I've seen!
You're right is very hairy

I'm growing them this year. My seeds are still germinating and I have 2 other varieties that I'm growing as well. 

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
last year is the first year i grew it, i have pics of the progress...
(i've also overwintered it and hope to get a lot more harvest this year :))

probably last week of May in this pic (just after i could finally put them outside here in US zone 4a)

only  a few examples of pods i seem to have saved a picture off (guess they were just so delicious that they never made it to pics :P )

10.14.15 (indoors under HPS)

11.17.15 (indoors under HPS)

hmmm seems i cant find pics after this (was my first year taking and sharing pics, as well as keeping, or trying to keep a log of it all visually)
guess i didn't do too well, i'll strive for moar frequent updates this year  :)

i might have some overwinter pics...

anyway, i thought it was very tasty, medium heat(for Rocotos) Pepper that was okay at pod production in it's first year, it was later to bloom and set pods than my ecuadorian sweet rocoto (still a bit of heat with that sweet), but ripened in less time 
it continued to ripen, and set more pods when i brought it in and put it under 1000W HPS  I'm hoping it does even better it's second year.

I hope i have been of some help  with this pepper
let me know if you have any other questions or need seeds for this.

Thanks for helping guys. Guatemalan ensanity pepper I pm'ed you.

Yes, what would you like to know ?
I want to know the same things about Ecuadorian Sweet
I have 2 and are very slow growing compared with other varieties.

I'm growing it this year =D

This is my plant, I did not think it was going to make it when it lost most of it's cotys to the seed case. 

az1000 said:
I want to know the same things about Ecuadorian Sweet
I have 2 and are very slow growing compared with other varieties. 

The Ecuadorian sweet rocoto i grew was slow to grow at first as well, but it eventually took off and was first of my rocotos to flower and set pods, but also one of the slowest to ripen , while it is sweet and juicy, i found it to have a decent heat too it as well, not extreme by any means but hotter than the sweet part of the name implies 

here are some pictures of the Ecuadorian sweet rocoto... 

5.15.15 just after plant out here in US zone 4a

already larger and flowering 6.19.15

Close up of flower Ecuadorian sweet Rocoto

7.3.15 branching out more and more flowering now

8.30.15 much bushier now several fruits hidden in there first ones starting to ripen

8.30.15 first almost  ripened rocotos 

9.5.15 finally a ripe ecuadorian sweet rocoto is ready

9.22.15 several more pods now

11.17.15 (these were ripened indoors under HPS)

Red peppers in this pic are Ecuadorian sweet rocoto

12.12.15 more Ecuadorian sweet rocoto ripening indoors 

12.16.15 more ripened indoors

hope my pics were of some help

The Ecuadorian sweet rocoto i grew was slow to grow at first as well, but it eventually took off and was first of my rocotos to flower and set pods, but also one of the slowest to ripen , while it is sweet and juicy, i found it to have a decent heat too it as well, not extreme by any means but hotter than the sweet part of the name implies 

here are some pictures of the Ecuadorian sweet rocoto... 

5.15.15 just after plant out here in US zone 4a

already larger and flowering 6.19.15

Close up of flower Ecuadorian sweet Rocoto

7.3.15 branching out more and more flowering now

8.30.15 much bushier now several fruits hidden in there first ones starting to ripen

8.30.15 first almost  ripened rocotos 

9.5.15 finally a ripe ecuadorian sweet rocoto is ready

9.22.15 several more pods now

11.17.15 (these were ripened indoors under HPS)

Red peppers in this pic are Ecuadorian sweet rocoto

12.12.15 more Ecuadorian sweet rocoto ripening indoors 

12.16.15 more ripened indoors

hope my pics were of some help

Those Ecuadorian sweet rocoto look good! I have some of those plants that I started late Summer last year. I've been topping/pruning all winter to keep the plants compact, and I'm really looking forward to getting some pods this summer.

Back