• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Peruvian Aji

My Mother in Law from Peru sent these little jewels to me recently. I really like the Peruvian pepper varieties.

This is Aji Limo which is a long yellowish/orange pepper they use in various dishes there. Its not really hot but a little spicy. Its a great aji, I just hope I can get the seeds grow next year.
2z7gyee.jpg

This is my favorite which is Aji Rocoto which is a pretty hot pepper. They make a sauce with it in Peru and use it on many foods. My Father in Law says it is good for the heart:hell:.
I actually had a Rocoto plant in my garden this year and it grew well, made nice purple flowers but not 1 single pepper. I later found out that they need to be pollinated manually. The Rocoto in the garden is dead now thanks to frost but if I can get these seeds to grow I will try it again next year.
14wdgtv.jpg

Not meaning to get too off topic here but I thought I would show off some pics of last years (2008) garden.

In this pic you can see a few of my Jalepenos and Bell Peppers

Brocoli

Blue Lake Green Beans

You have a great garden there mate....

Most people drool over an area like that....

Love the first pic of the chilli seeds as well....

The rocoto is a great chilli and very juicy with good heat....you will enjoy it next year.

And welcome to THP from Australia

Thanks! I never knew a site like this existed until today lol. Good to meet others in this world that like to feel the heat :D

Next year I plan to expand the garden to include more of the different types of peppers available out there.

BTW, I grew an ornamental Black Pearl plant this year and was really surprised at how good they turned out. Pretty decent heat! I canned several along with my Habs and other chiles

Welcome my friend love the Aji pics both are nice variety's and love your garden,nice to see all those lovely veg to and as Omri said your Broccoli is great..Have you tried purple sprouting..Great taste :D

talas said:
Have you tried purple sprouting..Great taste :)
No and in fact I'm not sure I'm familiar with it. Do you have any informantion?

rainbowberry said:
Aji Limo makes great powder.
How do you make your powder? Do you just dry the peppers and grind them or add different things? I know, I know,lots of questions.:)

Omri said:
VERY nice piece of land... gotta love those Broccolis. :D

Thanks, I have 10 acres here but most of it is forest. I have that little clear area on the edge of my property that is good for gardening.

Back