• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pests Pest, Mold, *Other issues* Database

HI I wanted to create a forum for people to post there pictures of problems they hade in the past with pest. Make sure you put what pest they are if you want put how you delt with them and area your pest is in if you could thank's ,also add more information if you think it will help :) -Eric

Ps: I hope this will help others please don't make it into a troll forum I wouldnt want to read something of that nature. Be good little fairy's and sprout your knowledge lol.

Problem: Spider Mites
Date: February 28, 2012
Location: Over wintering in the house, in window with lights to extend the day
Solution: None yet, I sprayed excessively with rain/showerhead high pressure cold water, seem to do the trick but just looked again (March 21) and saw 3 of the little #@%* under one leaf. I just sprayed with pesticide, which I prefer not to do.

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

fathual is this along the line of what you’re after?

Edit: I had a cool little slide show but couldn’t get it to post so I ended up just posting the photos.

Problem: Spider Mites
Date: February 28, 2012
Location: Over wintering in the house, in window with lights to extend the day
Solution: None yet, I sprayed excessively with rain/showerhead high pressure cold water, seem to do the trick but just looked again (March 21) and saw 3 of the little #@%* under one leaf. I just sprayed with pesticide, which I prefer not to do.

fathual is this along the line of what you’re after?
Well that wasn't supposed to be an external link, let me see if I can figure out how to up load a video and I’ll edit it.
Yes very good image is a little blurry though.

Wow that looks horrible I hope you figure out what it is sort of looks more then pest but I wouldn't know what this is.

Great idea for a thread.
Thank's Hopefully it goes far and helps people out Also its good to have it all in one area to look up and look at pictures also.
Get some Mite-X. I had a few spider mites and that stuff (so far) has worked fantastically.
Very nice *ive seen some red bug looking creature crawl on my ceramic pot I killed it as soon as i seen it poor bug I hope it was a pest.

Thanks rabid, I’ll keep that Mite-X in mind.
I sprayed it yesterday with some chap stuff I got at the hardware store a few years back, so I’ll see what happens. Hitting it with the cold high pressure water really help, there is a lot of new growth, and this time I caught it early before the damage was that bad. I can’t prove this, but I think they hitched a ride to my house on a “purple passion” the girl friend brought home from the grocery store. It was about 3 weeks after she brought it home that I noticed these. It’s a sweet pepper (lipstick) that I was just playing with over the winter, so I won’t be upset if I lose it, but it did come in handy for a show and tell of a spider mite infestation. BTW, under a jeweler’s eye piece (5X), they were a semi-translucent creamy/caramel color with a black spot on each side (there is a good photo here).

I sprayed it yesterday with some chap stuff I got at the hardware store a few years back, so I’ll see what happens. Hitting it with the cold high pressure water really help, there is a lot of new growth, and this time I caught it early before the damage was that bad. I can’t prove this, but I think they hitched a ride to my house on a “purple passion” the girl friend brought home from the grocery store. It was about 3 weeks after she brought it home that I noticed these. It’s a sweet pepper (lipstick) that I was just playing with over the winter, so I won’t be upset if I lose it, but it did come in handy for a show and tell of a spider mite infestation. BTW, under a jeweler’s eye piece (5X), they were a semi-translucent creamy/caramel color with a black spot on each side (there is a good photo here).
Its allways good to take care of problems even if you don't care that its going to die xD its good to learn anything you can about your passion.

Thanks for the link also thats a great read :o.

Those are the exact same type I had, I think they're called "double spotted spider mites." Go figure.

I think the important thing when spraying is to use a miticide instead of a pesticide. I read that somewhere on here but I can't remember where...

Hi all ! I'm a first time hot pepper grower and some leaf tips are yellow....Do you think this would be from overwatering? (the tips are yellow.) Much details on environment : Fafard seed starting mix, 80 degrees, lightning : shop light 40w 6500k t2 running 24/24 for 2 weeks now. Used a very small amount ( 1/5 )of 10-10-10 all purpose fertilizer only one time..... Sould I be worried?
412403_3456265896607_1569650647_32986702_1718664661_o.jpg
468792_3456275896857_1569650647_32986714_1536546410_o.jpg
458040_3456276856881_1569650647_32986715_744999971_o.jpg

Back