PETER PEPPER seeds

Hey!

Anyone ot this chili plant at home?

PETER PEPPER aka Chilli Willi

peter-pepper-2.jpg

If yes, please, can you spare a few seeds? I want to make it a pressent for my mother in law!

Thank you!

Primož

Unfortunately, I dont have any seeds to send to you. But, I wanted to let you know that the Peter Pepper's usually don't come out looking like that. You might get 1 in 1,000. Maybe more. I grew them last year, and not one looked like that.

Unfortunately, I dont have any seeds to send to you. But, I wanted to let you know that the Peter Pepper's usually don't come out looking like that. You might get 1 in 1,000. Maybe more. I grew them last year, and not one looked like that.

This is a interesting information. Did you considder the seeds were already crossed? I had such bad experiences with some seeds from chilli companies.

I've heard that from some people and I've also seen pictures of plants full of peter shaped pods. I think it depends on the seed source. I'm growing them this year but don't have any seeds to spare.

This is a interesting information. Did you considder the seeds were already crossed? I had such bad experiences with some seeds from chilli companies.

That's a good point and the seed source could make a big difference.

I know of one grower that reported great success with his Peter Peppers last year.

He said that most if not all of his peppers came out looking just like a unit, with some leaning left and some leaning right.

But a lot of other growers have reported these peppers as being hit and miss in the past, in regards to them looking like the proverbial unit.

dvg

But a lot of other growers have reported these peppers as being hit and miss in the past, in regards to them looking like the proverbial unit.

Maybe those growers just have weird-looking units ;)

"I found it particularly ironic, My Lord, because I've got a thingy that's shaped like a turnip!" Baldrick

I think Pepper Joe has some seeds. Hes on the forum now!! I bought some from him a few years ago and lost them in a move so I never planted em....bummer!!

They are on my list of peppers to never grow again. We had a challenge here a few years back and it was dissapointing :(

I've found after growing Yellow,orange and red Peters,that the yellow and orange ones were almost the same in color but produced more of the desired pod shape,Reds put out pods like someone did a drunken circumcision on them with a dull knife,..Wierd looking pods but not the expected shape.

Reds put out pods like someone did a drunken circumcision on them with a dull knife.

Hopefully that drunken butcher was wearing his beer googles that night, so he could at least see what he was doing with that there butter knife. :eek: :rofl: :crazy:

dvg

Hey!

Anyone ot this chili plant at home?

PETER PEPPER aka Chilli Willi

peter-pepper-2.jpg

If yes, please, can you spare a few seeds? I want to make it a pressent for my mother in law!

Thank you!

Primož
If you grow a pure strain of the original Peter Pepper from the Alfrey Family in Knoxville Tennessee, they all come out looking like that. It's not the exception, but they are all shaped like the true Peter Pepper. It's an heirloom that if I remeber correctly goes back to the 1800's.
I've difficulty with the Yellow Peter Pepper, it grow scrawny compared to the true red strain and not so consistently shaped.
Stick with the Red from a good source.
:dance: :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:

Back