• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter Peps! Grow Log

20230222_182634.jpg

I've never successfully grown peppers before. My attempts to grow mutants ended in failure. But this season, I'm trying again. I'll exclusively be trying my hands at a variety you guys have probably heard of, known as the Peter Pepper. It's a pepper variety known for being shaped like a private part. I'll be growing the red ones, which are the most phallic. I received the seeds from a shop in Belgium known as Badskin's Garden.

Using tricks learned from Khang Starr, I have used a plastic soda bottle and a plastic bag to contain a plant. I put three seeds in there and added water. I put the contraption in my windowsill.

I hope this works. Keep in mind this growlog will be updated semi-sporadically.

I moved the container to a sunnier windowsill. The Peter pepper sprout had a seed coat stuck on it, and I had to take it off. The Sprout looks quite weak. Is this lil' guy likely to live? 🥺
20230311_180208.jpg

Too much water and no drain holes can create an environment that isn't good for peppers. I'd put drain holes and use a tray to catch the runoff.
Good advice!
If you let it dry out between watering, I'm sure it'll survive and thrive. I unintentionally manhandle my seedlings every now and then and I'm surprised how often they survive.
I'll do that, thank you both for the help!

Back