• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Petrac 2020

So, last year growing season was a blast for me. I hope this year it wont be much different. I ordered seeds from 2 different companies, one pacage arrived this week. First four in the list are now in the soil. I had to stop myself from ordering more seeds..Its just so addictive looking through all this stuff..

Seed list:

Chocolate Habaneros (seeds from last year)
Hungarian hot wax (gift seeds)
Bhutlah chocolate
Mulato isleno
Serrano del sol
Ring of fire
Brazilian starfish
Lemon drop
Carolina reaper
Brown Rocotto

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 2,083
I’m sure those plants will get going in a serious way
when some Summer weather finally arrives, Miha.
Weather seems to be an issue in lots of places this
season.

Better times ahead! Hope you and your family are
okay during this pandemic. Has Slovenia been
affected as much as some other countries?

PaulG said:
I’m sure those plants will get going in a serious way
when some Summer weather finally arrives, Miha.
Weather seems to be an issue in lots of places this
season.

Better times ahead! Hope you and your family are
okay during this pandemic. Has Slovenia been
affected as much as some other countries?

I hope so, here season ends in september.

We are all ok, thanks for asking. so far, we had 1581 confirmed cases, and 111 deaths, almost all in rest homes. we also had a period of about one month with 0 new cases. Now we got some cases, mostly because Slovenia opened borders and people from other contrues got the virus back in. 

That seems to be a common thread in the news
I have seen.

Glad to hear that you and your family are well.

Here, reporting again from Slovenia. This pictures are from a week ago, they grew up abit this week, but still..

Plants are growing buy way slower that i would like. We had alot of rain, cold days and barely any direct sunshine in past few weeks, Temperatures are almost 10°C lower than normal summer its taking its toll to this year season. I lost one of the reapers, the rest are healtny and alive. They're starting to put out pods. Ring of fire is far ahead in prodcing, one of chocolate bhutlah plant is also getting very wide, lemon drops is getting there, habaneros and reapers are the last and just starting to flower.

Meanwhile in our greenhouse tomatoes are doing very well and are way above 2,3m tall, peppers are a bit slower but there is gonna be a decent amount of them anyway.

This week I also made the last 2kg of powder from peppers i grew last week, i also have a bag or two of peppers for my homemade hot sauces. 

How are you guys doing ?

Best regards,

Petrač

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 82
  • Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 81
Garden looks great, Miha. 

I hope that better weather comes
your way.

Nice garden.  
I think we may have the extra summer temps that you are missing!  Everyday so far in July is above 90F.  If we hit 90F today, that will tie a record.  
Hope you have nicer weather to come.

Thats quite hot indeed. We had a few sunny days and it made them grow like crazy. Brazilian starfish plants are huge, over 50cm, but they have only one or two pods. Last weekend i pulled of some of big leaves from small plants and now they're making alot of new ones. It looks like big leaves on small plants are holding them back. Next season i will defenetly had to make some sort of greenhouse, but since i cant afford a decent one, i will have to improvize a bit. I dont know if this will make any difference or not since its not going to keep plants warm at night and during bad weather but i guess its better than nothing.

Poslano z mojega Redmi Note 7 z uporabo Tapatalk

Finally, we had some hot days here in Slovenia. Plants started to grow properly, but pods just started to form on chinenses; others are waiting to ripen, except from rocotto brown, who is only flowering, but not setting up any pods. It also looks like i will have some Choco bhutlahs, but plant that was sold to me as chocolate reaper doesnt look like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200816_160954.jpg
    IMG_20200816_160954.jpg
    393.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20200816_160634.jpg
    IMG_20200816_160634.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 83
Plants look great., Miha! I am glad you
have some decent weather finally.

tsurrie said:
Cool looking garden Miha. Are those Bhut's in the middle picture?
Its quite cool looking garden indeed, but it doesnt help me.much since nothing is ripening yet. I ate one semi ripen hungarian hot wax and two heatless serranos.

Those in the middle are chocolate bhutlas. In my oppinion, it beats the reaper.

Petrac said:
Its quite cool looking garden indeed, but it doesnt help me.much since nothing is ripening yet. I ate one semi ripen hungarian hot wax and two heatless serranos.

Those in the middle are chocolate bhutlas. In my oppinion, it beats the reaper.

Just curious as to how you think it beats the reaper.  Do you think it tastes better?  More heat?  

Tybo said:

Just curious as to how you think it beats the reaper.  Do you think it tastes better?  More heat?  
It tastes smokie, so its not like the reaper. I do think that its hotter than the reaper but it also burns differenty, perhaps thats why i think its stronger.

First ''harvest'' this year is behind me. It looks like i did not get a chocolate bhutlah seeds, since pods are all red -.- never buying from that vendor again. on other plants pods are ripening, brown rocoto is still just flowering and i dont have any idea.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 83
Dear all,

Its been months since I was last active in this forum. This year was weird for all of us and i was not any exception. Since my job demanded me working outside of my country, my pepper patch had a bit less of my attention. Unfortunatly, all i got this year from my peppers was about two full plastic shopping bags. It's way under my expectations, its hard to point fingers to what's the cause of it....I moved out, got new job, pandemic, also this year was in general bad year for pepper growers in our country, atleast for those i know.

I wish I had some more to show at this point...

On the brighter side, today I planted first seeds for next year. I started with peppers which need more time to sprout: carolina reaper, jay's peach ghost scorpion, cumari pollux, yaki fawn blue, bhut jolokia.

I hope you have a nice Christmas,

P

Greetings fellow growes!

It's been a while since i have been last time active on this forum, but i do swing around once in a while :)

Unfortunatly due to nature of my work, living away from my peppers i dont have time and capability to maintain a continious thread, so I'm gonna keep this one as my forever going one.

Spring was awfull here in Slovenia this year, everything growing was delayed atleast for a month due to long lasting cold. Nevertheless, I have managed to plant and keep most of my plants alive.

This year's list:

Cumari Pollux
Tabasco
Yaki Blue Fawn
Bahamian Goat Pepper
Bhut jolokia Strain II
Fatalii
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion
Piri-Piri
Thunder Mountain Longhorn
Yellow Rocoto

I have also managed to get my hands on KSLS from a dude from Scotland.

IMG_20210829_131445.jpg
IMG_20210829_131456.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210829_131501.jpg
    IMG_20210829_131501.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20210829_131506.jpg
    IMG_20210829_131506.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20210829_131516.jpg
    IMG_20210829_131516.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 75