• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat Phal curry.

I ate a phall at a Wetherspoons pub thursday evening's hot curry night  somewhere in England with a colleague ... because he could not do it even after a spoonful.

I finished both but was shirtless when finished.

That was hot, any idea what chillies they put in?

I do not think flavor was part of the idea.

Thanks.

Solution
An excruciatingly hot curry, more pain and sweat than flavor. Phaal curry contains 10 of the hottest chillies on the planet, including Bhut Jolokia, or Ghost Chilli, recognized as the hottest chili in the world.
An excruciatingly hot curry, more pain and sweat than flavor. Phaal curry contains 10 of the hottest chillies on the planet, including Bhut Jolokia, or Ghost Chilli, recognized as the hottest chili in the world.

Solution
This reminds me of a trip to Birmingham with my college buddies for a sporting event. We had been drinking all day and hit a curry house for dinner and my chilli-head friend ordered a Phall, ate it straight without any rice or naan, scraped the bowl clean and promptly passed out. He woke up an hour later and was completely fine! He's a complete madman.

Back