• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

pics Pics of my pepper garden (including something odd....)

Here are a few pics of my peppers...

The Deck peppers (14 of them and a couple 'o tomatoes):

deckpeppers3.jpg

and another view:

deckpeppers2.jpg

The front garden (7 more peppers and a Jefferson Walking Onion [rare]):

frontyard.jpg

Backyard pepper bed:

backyardbed.jpg

Some "extras" sitting in pots - a few jalapenos and a Suaharo:

backyardpots.jpg

And now for something a little different...I have a bunch of peppers that have tri-forked this year.

3fork1.jpg

this tri-fork is weird: it forked into 1 stem and 1+1 stem (notice the two welded stems) - kind of like Siamese twins or something

triplefork2.jpg

triplefork3.jpg

triplefork4.jpg

Aside from peppers, we're also into growing leaf-vegetables and dedicated a whole bed to them this year - Red Mustard, Rainbow Swiss Chard, and a few others:

leafvegetablebed.jpg

Nice, your peppers are about as far along as mine. I grew one serrano plant
last year, your going to get a lot of peppers from that one.

so many beds.... so jealous...

looking good there, mate! and u know, i've never had any of my plants that tri-forked before.

You have a really nice setup!!

What are the pepper species you're growing this year, any superhots?

Good luck, Jack.

great looking garden. i love that hinged raised garden setup, im guessing you could make any shape you wish with it?

Yes, the hinged 4x4 bed can be made into any shape. We actually have two 4x4's, and were thinking about making them into an unusual shape, like a trapezoidal thing. But we decided to keep them separate and use one for 9 peppers, and the other for cucumbers and beans. Cucumbers get kinda crazy and take over an enormous amount of space as the season progresses, so it made more sense to keep them separate. But I've seen some pictures of really interesting shapes and configurations that people have made out of those hinged frames. I made these a bit too deep - 18 ". Takes 24 cubic feet of soil to fill a bed to grow 9 peppers...LOL

Thats's a lot of character built into your garden. I might have to surprise the wife-unit with some of the nice rock and brick work on raised beds...next year.

Very nice.... :cool:

great garden Mega. i've seen the walking onion in catalogs but that's the first one i've seen someone grow. good luck with the season.

great garden Mega. i've seen the walking onion in catalogs but that's the first one i've seen someone grow. good luck with the season.

thanks, man. Yeah, the walking onions are cool ... but hard to come by. Most of the catalogs don't actually have them in inventory; I was recently trying to find some online for my father in law, and couldn't find a single one to buy for him. Mine was actually a lucky break - a nursery owner who grows them as a hobby gave me one when I picked up some pro-mix - but he doesn't sell them, so I couldn't buy more (I think there may be strict rules relating to a Jeffersonian organization "owning" the cultivar).

Back