• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Pimenta Moranga Peach Cross... parents?

So I recently came across this really interesting sounding hybrid, but the only info I can find on its parentage is that one of the parents is a chinense called Pimenta Moranga. Does anyone know what the other parent is? Does the "peach" in the name refer to 'sugar rush peach' by any chance? I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere, so far.

Also, the Pimenta Moranga itself looks really interesting. Never seen a chinense with clusters of fruit like that before. I have read that it hails from Brazil, but does anyone know what region of Brazil?

Ah Pimenta Moranga! I had totally forgotten about that variety. That was one of the first plants I ever grew (!) a really beautiful plant. I got the seeds from Jes in Denmark about 10 years ago. Jes is also the guy behind the Pimenta Moranga Peach cross (or so it says on whitehotpeppers.com ) the cross is listed as unknown, but I highly doubt it's sugar rush peach. It's listed as a chinense.

Now I have to order some Pimenta Moranga seeds :)

Last edited:
Ah Pimenta Moranga! I had totally forgotten about that variety. That was one of the first plants I ever grew (!) a really beautiful plant. I got the seeds from Jes in Denmark about 10 years ago. Jes is also the guy behind the Pimenta Moranga Peach cross (or so it says on whitehotpeppers.com ) the cross is listed as unknown, but I highly doubt it's sugar rush peach. It's listed as a chinense.

So how did it grow for you in Norway? Was it well suited to the climate there? Do you grow under cover, or in a greenhouse? Heated/ unheated? Just curious, because the west coast of Canada I think might be very similar to your area, climate wise. We're pretty challenged with what we can grow here in terms of hot peppers.

Does the "peach" in the name refer to 'sugar rush peach' by any chance? I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere, so far.

Also, the Pimenta Moranga itself looks really interesting. Never seen a chinense with clusters of fruit like that before. I have read that it hails from Brazil, but does anyone know what region of Brazil?

As far as I know, "peach" just refers to the color of the ripe fruit, and doesn't reference Sugar Rush Peach specifically.

There are a couple of other chinenses that I know of that also produce fruit in clusters. Pimenta Caixo, also from Brazil, is one. There is also a cluster BBG7 that appeared a few years ago.

Oh, and then there was this White Bhut that a THP member grew back in 2017: https://thehotpepper.com/threads/ca...d-in-a-pepper-plant-white-bhut-jolokia.65135/

The exact same reference appears on Bryan's store: https://towns-endchiliandspice.com/...each-pepper-seeds?_pos=7&_sid=ee3f76ea4&_ss=r

As far as I know, "peach" just refers to the color of the ripe fruit, and doesn't reference Sugar Rush Peach specifically.

There are a couple of other chinenses that I know of that also produce fruit in clusters. Pimenta Caixo, also from Brazil, is one. There is also a cluster BBG7 that appeared a few years ago.

Oh, and then there was this White Bhut that a THP member grew back in 2017: https://thehotpepper.com/threads/ca...d-in-a-pepper-plant-white-bhut-jolokia.65135/
Yeah, that white bhut sounds interesting, for sure.

I grew the Pimenta Moranga Peach last year in the UK, had it in a flood and drain system in a small glasshouse. Not many photos did OK but was very slow to start.

20210812-pimenta-moranga-peach-cross-flowers.jpg 20210812-pimenta-moranga-peach-cross-immature-pods.jpg 20210819-pimenta-moranga-peach-x-flower-cluster-with-aphids.jpg 20210819-pimenta-moranga-peach-x-fruit-ripening.jpg 20210905-branch-pimenta-moranga-peach.jpg 20211024-pimenta-moranga-peach.jpg 20211106-pimenta-moranga-peach-chopped-branch.jpg 20211106-pimenta-moranga-peach-partial-cluster.jpg

Last edited:
I grew the Pimenta Moranga Peach last year in the UK, had it in a flood and drain system in a small glasshouse. Not many photos did OK but was very slow to start.

20210812-pimenta-moranga-peach-cross-flowers.jpg 20210812-pimenta-moranga-peach-cross-immature-pods.jpg 20210819-pimenta-moranga-peach-x-flower-cluster-with-aphids.jpg 20210819-pimenta-moranga-peach-x-fruit-ripening.jpg 20210905-branch-pimenta-moranga-peach.jpg 20211024-pimenta-moranga-peach.jpg 20211106-pimenta-moranga-peach-chopped-branch.jpg 20211106-pimenta-moranga-peach-partial-cluster.jpg
Would you be willing to share any of the seeds? I had been looking at the Morangas since they produce so much but really I’m looking for any pepper seeds.

Last edited:
Back