• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Pinching Basil Buds---

PepperDaddler said:
Yes. I grow indoors so I like little bushy plants for my small space.

Just tying the pants so they grow certain directions is LST

Also as they branch out. I pinch the young branches at key points. Just enough to hear a crisp "crunch" sound. Very gently. It will beef up that part of the stem. My branches have little "knuckles" on the main shoots. They seem to love it.

PepperDaddler said:
A little small to be flowering already right?

Not necessarily, high temperature will cause it.  Right now I've got some dill that's only 1 mo. old that bolted.  Meant to start it later in the fall so temperatures were lower but some seed from the spring batch had gotten into the soil and started on its own.

I just got cuttings of a greek columnar type basil that doesnt seem to flower at all.

I am pretty excited about it. I havent used it in any food yet, but I have tasted a leaf side by side with a sweet basil and they seem pretty similar

the greek columnar (aka lesbos) basil will flower but only in a very minor way and it won't go to seed. great for having fresh basil all winter long. i've grown it for about 10 years and have one plant that is at least 5 years old.

Back